TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1964 Rambler 990-H

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 85868788>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
gtoman_us View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtoman_us Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2016 at 8:18am
Drop a post in the Wanted section. You will reach more of the members.

PS. Glad you stopped back in. I revisit your thread fairly often.
Moderator - Emeritus

Used to collect trophies, now I collect gas receipts and put on miles

1964 Rambler Ambassador Cross Country Wagon
1965 GTO
1931 Model A original survivor
"Flat Roofs are Cool"
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2016 at 6:06am
Make a new arm. Or make a plate to go over the solenoid hole. Get out of that darned box!!!

It is good to see you back. Don't stay gone so long! How do you like the OD setup? I assume pretty good since you're out to fix it. A Twin-Stick floor shifter might be in order... or do you have one already? I forget, and don't want to go back through all the posts.. that's the only problem with a lengthy build thread!

Edited by farna - May/04/2016 at 6:17am
Frank Swygert
Exzion View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exzion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2016 at 7:09am
The OD Setup is Great.  Nothing like rolling down the road at 70MPH tach'ing ~1800 RPMs.

The Twin Stick Setup is already installed!
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
1965 Rambler Marlin - Parts
1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo
2015 GMC Sierra 1500 CCLB
Exzion View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exzion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2016 at 7:34am
Everything is back together now.

A word of advice, when using a rebuilt solenoid check the orientation of the plunger that goes into the OD unit.  If the Flats on the plunger are not orientated correctly, the solenoid will not retract properly. 

This will show itself when slowing from OD engaged speeds to OD disengaged speeds as an ignition cut until the clutch is depressed, thus removing the load from the plunger and allowing it to retract resulting in a few loud backfires.

1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2016 at 6:06am
One way to know if you have it in right before driving is to try to pull it straight back out before bolting down. You should have to rotate about 1/4 turn to pull it out. So it should be about 1/4 turn off the bolt holes when putting in. 
Frank Swygert
Exzion View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exzion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2016 at 5:07pm
Farna,

I believe that is incorrect on the R11 unit.  I think the rotation lock is right on the R10 only.

1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo
Exzion View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exzion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2019 at 7:40pm
First Update in 2.5 Years.

The rambler is still around, and still parked in its comfy climate controlled spot at my parents house.

Many things have happened in the last few years, A bunch of work interruptions, promotions that required more time and travel, other automotive and motorcycle related projects, and purchasing my first home.

Unfortunately, this year with the house purchase and the subsequent work that went along with that, the Rambler wasn't even started this summer. 

This coming year isn't looking good for having time to run the rambler either, as I am in the beginning stages (Planning/Drawings) of building a shop this spring/summer so I will finally have a dedicated space to work on projects that isn't my parents or grandparents garage.  Once the shop is up, I am hoping to get back on the rambler project and start wrapping up loose ends like the dash and HVAC controls.

Hopefully next winter I am back on the Project!

On another note, I am glad Photobucket put the pics back up even with the obnoxious watermark its better than nothing..
1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2019 at 5:31pm
Was wondering what happened to you! Life just gets in the way sometime. I've been somewhat in the same boat, no time to work on car!
Frank Swygert
Exzion View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exzion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2020 at 7:33pm
2020 Update:

The shop is nearing completion (Inside anyway), hopefully the Rambler will come home in the spring.

Drywall goes up tomorrow, and then its down to finish work.

Quick, Photo-recap of the last 6 months.

1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2020 at 7:03am
Neighbor's five car garage isn't bad either, but yours is taller... I presume for a lift?
Frank Swygert
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 85868788>
  Share Topic