TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC 6 Cylinder Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1977 AMC Pacer 3.8L engine mount * Need L&R

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2019 at 4:01pm
FSJunkie you still don't get it.  You don't understand what a Pacer mount looks like.  It is completely different from the other AMC six or eight mounts.  It is a cylinder with a cylindrical rubber insert.  Originally they were vulcanized into one part but as explained above the inserts are replaceable and are reportedly available from some of the AMC vendors.   Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
Article Indefini View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Article Indefini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2019 at 4:26pm
Very useful and insightful post. THANKS a lot! I really helps me to narrow it down to the correct parts. :)
Article Indefini View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Article Indefini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2019 at 4:27pm
Very useful message :) Everyone is really helping so gracefully. Thanks a lot!
tomj View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2019 at 11:20pm
i've learned to keep one/set of replaced parts when this sort of issue arises. for special-application stuff, not belts, hoses, or easy to find things. but motor mounts, for sure.

when you find a good set, keep those old ones. a year or two or ten from now, you might stumble on some part that "looks like it might fit..." and that old junk part is there to be measured, photo'd etc.

i cant count the times when having the old junk part has saved my butt for all sorts of unforseeable reasons.

1960 Rambler Super two-door wagon, OHV auto
1961 Roadster American, 195.6 OHV, T5
http://www.ramblerLore.com

purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/17/2019 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by tomj tomj wrote:

i've learned to keep one/set of replaced parts when this sort of issue arises. for special-application stuff, not belts, hoses, or easy to find things. but motor mounts, for sure.

when you find a good set, keep those old ones. a year or two or ten from now, you might stumble on some part that "looks like it might fit..." and that old junk part is there to be measured, photo'd etc.

i cant count the times when having the old junk part has saved my butt for all sorts of unforseeable reasons.

For sure. And Anything thats Pacer specific like the motor mounts. They have been hard to find for many years...  Pacers have ALOT of specific parts for just Pacers.
goul6891 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goul6891 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/16/2019 at 4:15am
In case anyone finds this later, the Chrysler interchange bushing can be found as EM-2376. There are two variants, apparently. With two large slots, or with 4 smallish holes. The version with the holes is what you want.

As suggested by others, I burned the original bushing from the mount, but found the remaining 'sleeve' was quite a bit too small for the Chrysler bushing to be installed. So I popped out the original outer sleeve, which made the Chrysler bushing have about 1/16" gap all the way around. Take note of which way the flared side of the bushing goes on before destruction. Both right and left use the same EM-2376 bushing. Then I just centered them up and tried welding some good tacks around, trying not to cook the bushings.

paulers View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2019 at 12:27am
http://theamcforum.com/forum/pacer-motor-mounts_topic85489_page1. - http://theamcforum.com/forum/pacer-motor-mounts_topic85489_page1.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic