TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > The Member Companies and Products of AMC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1980-83 VAM Rally AMX GT SST - Spirit liftback

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambler Mexicano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1980-83 VAM Rally AMX GT SST - Spirit liftback
    Posted: Apr/21/2013 at 5:34pm
Information available in English.

Click here

1980 Rally AMX (brochure photo)

1982 Rally AMX

1982 Rally AMX

1982 Rally AMX

1980 Rally AMX

1981 Rally AMX

1981 Rally AMX interior

1980 Rally AMX

Edited by Rambler Mexicano - Apr/21/2013 at 5:35pm
Mauricio Jordán

Cuando no se es una empresa famosa se deben hacer mejores automóviles.
- Vehículos Automotores Mexicanos S. A. de C. V.
Effexor View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Effexor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/26/2014 at 10:29pm
El dia de hoy acabo de comprarme unos igual espero que para finales del 2015 ya tenga placas de auto antiguo es un auto hermoso
amcenthusiast View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcenthusiast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2015 at 7:50am
Thanks for posting these pics; as someone who's born and raised in Texas, I got to see VAM AMXs in Matamoros Mexico one time when a friend of mine took me on vacation to South Padre Island.

I thought they looked very good, but I didn't know much about them back then.

They have the big Mexican six? -And the Mexican cars seem to have gotten extra upholstery mods on the seats?

Great to see the good information getting added to our AMC world.
SirDigger View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirDigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/14/2015 at 3:03pm
These are cool locking cars... Clap

I like the wheels in the white one.
SirDigger&his german Friends are looking for Parts http://theamcforum.com/forum/the-german-amc-forum-ambassadorsirdigger-needs_topic83570.html
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360
401harry View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/25/2015 at 5:18pm
What I find interesting is the front and rear bumpers appear to be tucked closer to the body like they didn't install the energy absorbing shock mounts? Im in the middle of doing the same thing to my Spirit
Rambler Mexicano View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambler Mexicano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2015 at 9:09pm
All mexican AMXs are 282 six cylinder cars and most VAM cars had original VAM-designed interiors.

As for the 5 mph bumpers, they were not used in Mexico as they were not mandated by the government.

The only VAM cars with 5 mpg bumpers were the Pacer and the second generation Matadors.
Mauricio Jordán

Cuando no se es una empresa famosa se deben hacer mejores automóviles.
- Vehículos Automotores Mexicanos S. A. de C. V.
SirDigger View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirDigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/24/2015 at 12:39pm
Those low combustion 282 from 75 to 81 with Rations from 1:7,7 and 8.0 totally say "Add a turbocharger... 
and gimme boost.... "
Guy i know had a bi turbo 242 inline six build to 380HP and 555lb ft ... in a Wrangler yj street machine

SirDigger&his german Friends are looking for Parts http://theamcforum.com/forum/the-german-amc-forum-ambassadorsirdigger-needs_topic83570.html
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic