TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

2018 Las Vegas AMC Reunion - Event Date: Nov/02/2018 - Nov/03/2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2018 at 8:51pm
FYI The new I-11 bypass is now open around Boulder City. If your coming to the Family Reunion from the west (California) you want to take the business route, that will take you threw Boulder City the old way. If you miss the turn off then you have to go an extra 9 miles to exit 2 on I-11 and do a 180 under the old road and back another mile or west to the Hoover Dam Lodge.

If your coming from the east (Arizona) you need to get off at I-11 exit 2. I've not been on I-11 east of exit 2 but I believe coming that way you will need to take exit 2 . thanks LRDaum

LRDaum
idrambler View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/29/2018 at 9:51pm
Larry what about from the North....
Jim....AMCRC
Treasure Valley AMC Club, Pres
69 AMX 401/727
74 GremlinX 401/727race only
73 Matador 2dr HT 360/727
mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2018 at 8:28am
Jim, It is the same for the North as the west since the road only really runs east to west threw Boulder City. LRD
LRDaum
idrambler View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/30/2018 at 7:01pm
Sweet...thanks Larry...Matador is on the trailer...leaving in the morning for the show...Ely on Wednesday...Boulder City on Thursday.
Jim....AMCRC
Treasure Valley AMC Club, Pres
69 AMX 401/727
74 GremlinX 401/727race only
73 Matador 2dr HT 360/727
mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2018 at 9:50am
The only different thing would if some one came from Laughlin ,NV as the road I believe hooks into I-11, but not sure. Any way I can not see the advantage of any coming from Arizona that way. LRDaum
LRDaum
1970390amx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1970390amx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2018 at 12:41pm
Any problems getting from the airport to the hotel in the middle of the night?
1970 390 4speed Bittersweet shadow mask AMX
1970 Amx missing most everything, or in a box
mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/31/2018 at 8:54pm
No, It's pretty straight shot from McCarren to Hoover Dam Lodge just try and remember to take  the business route threw Boulder city and turn at the traffic light toward Hoover Dam. The Hoover Dam Lodge is just a few miles from the Hoover dam . I'm thinking 5 or 6 miles from the Lodge to the Dam. The road from the Lodge to the Dam wines a good bit.  And yes the Lodge is a couple miles down the road from the main part of Boulder City. I hope my explanation does not cause more confusion then it solves. LRDaum

LRDaum
JERSEYJOE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JERSEYJOE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2018 at 10:11pm
DAMN I am in Las Vegas now but flying out tomorrow. Had I known I would have stayed till Sunday...
1985 J-20 PLOW TRUCK
1977 CJ 7 360 T-18 D 300
1970 AMX ex-SCCA car

SPEED COSTS MONEY HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO?
LakesideRamblin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/01/2018 at 11:34pm
Bummed. Can't make it. My car is now just ready for paint on Monday and my work is insane. Next year is a must. I hope everyone has a great time.
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2018 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by mramc mramc wrote:

FYI The new I-11 bypass is now open around Boulder City. If your coming to the Family Reunion from the west (California) you want to take the business route, that will take you threw Boulder City the old way. If you miss the turn off then you have to go an extra 9 miles to exit 2 on I-11 and do a 180 under the old road and back another mile or west to the Hoover Dam Lodge.

If your coming from the east (Arizona) you need to get off at I-11 exit 2. I've not been on I-11 east of exit 2 but I believe coming that way you will need to take exit 2 . thanks LRDaum

Pay attention to Larry. The main highway now bypasses Hoover Dam Lodge, so if coming from Arizona up Hwy 93 you need to take the Boulder City business exit almost as soon as you cross the Colorado River, otherwise it's 10 miles to the next exit… 20 miles round trip. Ask me how I know.
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic