TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

4-speed transmission mount

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4-speed transmission mount
    Posted: Jan/17/2018 at 3:37pm
I have a 1969 AMX with a T-10 4-speed and I want to buy a transmission mount. I looked on eBay not sure if they would fit can anybody point me in the right direction to buy this Mount thanks
THE MENACE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE MENACE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2018 at 4:17pm

"Galvins Rambler parts", and "Rare Parts" should have it.
Former Owner of:
The Craig Breedlove "AERO AMX"

Still Owner:
SS/AMX #9 replica (THE BIG MENACE)
70 AMX 416, EFI, Nash 5 speed   
70 Javelin 401, 727 (Wife's)
72 Gremlin Autocross Project.
mstrcrftr View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstrcrftr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2018 at 4:29pm
it is available at your local autoparts store just not listed under amc.  Amark also has one for 12.00
Dirtydog View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2018 at 4:49am
Thanks I looked on eBay it looked exactly like my Mount but they said it wouldn't fit my car
mstrcrftr View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstrcrftr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2018 at 8:06am
look at these and see which one is yours.
http://amarkamc.com/category.sc;jsessionid=864F6FB5CBC9B88C5A5D9868834CFA74.p3plqscsfapp004?categoryId=48
Dirtydog View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2018 at 8:33am
3856TN looks exactly like mine but when I looked under manual transmissions it wasn't there I looked under automatic transmissions and it was there
Dirtydog View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2018 at 8:34am
Okay ordered it from Amark
S Curry View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S Curry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2018 at 10:21am

Is this the mount you are looking for? Replaced my old one when I discovered I had a rub shifting into 3rd gear with the linkage. Mount had collapsed. Think it was $12 at the local parts house.
SC
BrotherBamc View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2018 at 10:37am
I "found"one on Rockauto a couple of weeks ago.
The only one that I could find that was right was from a 71 Javelin. All the other years that they showed weren't right at all.
Cost more to ship then what the part cost... 
77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
My Garage
Dirtydog View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2018 at 12:17pm
Yes that's what mine looks like hopefully the one I ordered will be exact. And that's what happened to mine its transmission settled and a shifter linkage hit the crossmember I worked on getting the car started after 40 years and took it down the road and it didn't shift it was 40 Years of the rubber settling that made the linkage hit the crossmember. I have a Hurst competition shifter and the linkage sticks down a little bit more so there's very little clearance.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic