TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

62 ambassador rebirth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambling On Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 62 ambassador rebirth
    Posted: Mar/09/2014 at 3:59am
i have picked up a 62 ambassador 4 door for my wife . it has not been driven on the road for over 30 years . it has a rebuilt 327 motor & gearbox.  also the previous owner has been under the car with a wire brush & cleaned it up & painted the underside of the floor . .  there was also a lot of nos parts that came with the car . also found a lot of parts i had double . . so i got the wife educated on how to use my buff & start repolishing all the stainless trim . 

on our first day working on the ambassador, we removed the engine & gave it a fresh coat of paint . remover the front & rear screens ,  remover the dash hood & front fenders .

1965 Rambler American 440h coup LHD
huddy1955 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huddy1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2014 at 6:40am
Looking good mate
1955 Hudson Hornet Custom
1963 Rambler Classic 660 wagon
1969 AMX 343 auto NO# 09 of 24
1973 Rambler Matador Wagon 360
1985 Jeep J20 pick up 360
2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic
plenty of parts cars
Mr. Ed View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2014 at 10:40am
Nice! I'll bet there aren't  a lot of those down under.

Later!
Mr. Ed
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo "Gwendolyn."
1978 Concord Sport coupe "Mr. Black".
1982 Concord wagon. The Admiral. FOR SALE!
1976 Sportabout X, 304, auto, air. The Bronze Goddess

pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/09/2014 at 11:29am
I saw this thread on my Ipad this morning and wanted to comment but waited to be able to type faster on my desktop. That was a good move, pulling those fenders. You can prevent the typical A-pillar rust if you preserve that area below the A-pillars now. Looks like a fun project and that 327 will make a different car out of it than my 62 Classic with the 195.6. I'll be watching. Let me know if you need any little parts from the U.S. I parted out a 62 Classic 400 wagon a couple of years ago and still have some dashboard hardware, arm rests, headlight rings and such. Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
Rambling On View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambling On Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2014 at 1:20am
the wife & i have no idea how to photoshop pics . so the wife printed out a pic on the pc & got some coloring pens & colored it . this is what she wants it to look like when done . 

rocklandrambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocklandrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/11/2014 at 1:48am
Your wife has good taste. That should look great when finished.
Past AMC's
1974 Hornet X (new)
1975 Gremlin X (new)
1964 Classic 660 Cross Country
1965 American 440-H
TheHubble View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHubble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2014 at 7:12pm
I spy a few other oldies in the back? What all do you have in your collection if you don't mind me asking?
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambling On Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2014 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by TheHubble TheHubble wrote:

I spy a few other oldies in the back? What all do you have in your collection if you don't mind me asking?

the pics are taken at a friends place . myself i have this ambassador that is actually for my wife & i have a 65 american 440h hardtop . also in the processes of doing a bit of work on . 
 http://theamcforum.com/forum/topic51195.html  

Edited by Rambling On - Mar/12/2014 at 8:43pm
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambling On Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/12/2014 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by rocklandrambler rocklandrambler wrote:

Your wife has good taste. That should look great when finished.

i know she has good taste she is with me lol . 
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambling On Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2014 at 5:19am
it has been a slow start . due to finishing of my american 440h  . we dont have the car home as yet but we have most of the bits for it here . so while i have been buisy on my american the missus has been buisy on the dash after she finished polishing all the trim .  a few pic of the missus handy work . . i am going to be putting some color on it in a few days . so it can sit on a shelf to keep her motivated . lol . 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic