TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

'66 american conversion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2016 at 8:35am
I am sorry to bug you, you have been a big help to me, but when I log in to photobucket I can't find the page I uploaded the pics to.  Can you tell me how to access my page with all the pics I put up last night. I can log in ok, but I don't see anywhere to access my photo page.  thanks, ted
232jav3sp View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2016 at 9:45am
That is where you need to click on "library" near the top left of the page. It's about two inches from the top of the page. Click that and you'll be shown the pictures you've uploaded.
jented View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2016 at 10:28am
http://s1055.photobucket.com/user/jented1/library/

Here is my Photobucket link. I am still learning, ted
jented jn6:44
jented View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2016 at 10:06pm
Dan, if you read this I will call you tomorrow, 2/9.  We removed some things on the firewall today. We cleaned a lot of parts, Electric wiper motor and linkage from a donor car. Removed the back window with rubber in one piece. Fabricated some metal parts, removed the wrag joint from the steering box. Measured for Subframe Connectors to eliminate body twist. Thanks, ted
mitchs66 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitchs66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2016 at 10:25pm
Hi Ted, what brake booster and master cylinder are you using?  You said you were test fitting one.  Thank Mitch
jented View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2016 at 7:28pm
Hi Mitch.
  I am not sure.  My son n law orders the parts and they arrive at my house.  I was looking through the receipts and I didn't see that one.  I will email him and ask where he got it. They both fit in great.  We are going to cut off the studs from the firewall and knock out the studs.  Then we are going to use new bolts and reverse them from the firewall to the drivers compartment. That way they will be a lot easier to get the nuts on and tighten them up.  I will let you know when I find out. Thanks, ted
jented View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2016 at 8:34am
Hi Mitch. Sorry it took so long to get back to you.  I copied what my son n law wrote about the master cylinder/booster.

It's the regular drum power booster / master setup for a 66'' American.  Had all the brackets from the donor car, rock auto had the parts in stock.  But we had to have the stock brackets and lever setup.  We're going to have to pull the 10 lb residuals and swap with 2 lb. For disc use.  Won't have the stomp of a dual bladder booster, but will be better than manual.  And with 4 wheel disc on this car, it should stop fairly easily.

He also sent us 2psi residuals valves to swap out and a proportioning valve to install in line.

I hope this helps. Thanks, ted
jented View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2016 at 8:42am
Hello, today Ken did some more welding and grinding on the cross members and I spent the day cleaning parts. I tested the wiper motor and heater blower motor from a donor car.  They both work. We are thinking about making a cover for the wiper motor so the wires won't be exposed and it will look a little cleaner. Thanks, ted

http://s1055.photobucket.com/user/jented1/library/
jented View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2016 at 10:35pm
Hello. We have been doing a lot of cleaning; sanding; and grinding on the floor boards to clean up the rust and dirt.  We will have to make 2 patch panels, on the passenger side. We removed 5 bolts on the passenger door [ 2 in the front and 3 in the rear jamb ] and removed the top of the door.  This way we can weld the break in the frame right where it meets the rear of the door. While we have it out we can also sand; prime; and paint it. I also cleaned up the windshield jambs. Thanks, ted

http://s1055.photobucket.com/user/jented1/library/?sort=3&page=1   my photbucket link for Ted and Ken’s pictures on Hannah’s car restoration and Ken’s shop and projects.

Edited by jented - Feb/16/2016 at 10:45pm
jented View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2016 at 10:53pm
Hello everybody.
 I wanted to answer a reply that referred to the clearance on the radiator since we moved the motor forward about 1 1/2 ". We are installing a new radiator from Eastwood.  It's a tri flow alum. radiator that we  can move forward a little if we need to. The position of the heads to the firewall was so close before that's why we moved the engine forward a little. We made plates out of 1/4" steel and welded them to the brackets for the motor mounts to sit on.  The engine with the Novak adapter plate and transmission shell drops in alot easier now also. We did about 10 or more mock up fittings until we settled on the position of the placement.  We are also installing alot of alum. parts up front also to reduce weight. Only time well tell if everything works out correctly. ClapThanks, ted
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
  Share Topic