TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

'66 american conversion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2016 at 10:54pm
Hi Dan, thanks for the message. I am interested,  I will call you tomorrow,2/9.
Today we had a short day, Tax Man for Ken. We cleaned a lot of nuts and bolts. Removed the back window in one piece rubber in all. Measured for making Subframe Connectors to eliminate body twist under hard launches. Cleaned an old electric windshield wiper motor from a donor car. I will hook it up to 12 volts tomorrow to see if it works. Uploaded a few pics on photobucket
http://s1055.photobucket.com/user/jented1/library/  Here is my Photobucket link Thanks, Ted
jented jn6:44
jented View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2016 at 10:56pm
Hello, we have been sandblasting; pressure washing; and just a lot of cleaning on the old car last few days. We are going to weld in a patch plate on the right rear floor board.  Some rust there. I uploaded more pics on photobucket. Ted

http://s1055.photobucket.com/user/jented1/library/?sort=3&page=1   my photbucket link for Ted and Ken’s pictures on Hannah’s car restoration and Ken’s shop and projects.

jented View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2016 at 10:57pm
Hello, today Ken did some more welding and grinding on the cross members and I spent the day cleaning parts. I tested the wiper motor and heater blower motor from a donor car.  They both work. We are thinking about making a cover for the wiper motor so the wires won't be exposed and it will look a little cleaner. Thanks, ted

http://s1055.photobucket.com/user/jented1/library/
mitchs66 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitchs66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/17/2016 at 10:58am
Thanks for the answer Ted. Mitch
jented View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/17/2016 at 6:17pm
Hello everybody.  Today we sanded a lot.  It doesn't look like a lot but you know how sanding goes.  There must have been 3 or 4 layers of primer on the body, plus some paint.  My son n law said that his dad lives next door to him and he is in his 80's. He used to be a good mechanic when he was young.  Now he has to use a walker to get around.  He is real forgetful but thinks he can still do everything like he used to.  He wants to help with the car so he would come over and primer the car without masking anything, and I mean anything.  He would primer the windows; lights; locks; and chrome strips. Ken removed the wing window on the right side today and door lock.  He will do the left side tomorrow.  I am posting a few more pics on photo bucket tonight.  Wayne who is going to do the upholstery stopped by today and said he will upholster the whole interior, less the carpet for around 1,300.  That sounds like a great price to me. He upholstered Ken's orange panel and did great work. I will try to take some pics of Ken's panel tomorrow. Thanks, ted

http://s1055.photobucket.com/user/jented1/library/?sort=3&page=1   my photobucket link for Ted and Ken’s pictures on Hannah’s car restoration and Ken’s shop and projects.

jented View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/17/2016 at 6:22pm
Your welcome.  Ted
jented View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/17/2016 at 7:14pm
Hello everybody. I received the rubber for the windshield and doors,last night. I also received the Edelbrock   Alum. intake manifold. Thanks, Ted
jented View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/17/2016 at 7:16pm
Hello everybody.  I have uploaded some pics on photobucket, but I don't know how you would see them. It's a mystery to me how some of these web sites work without plain simple instructions for us old guys.  My son n law said he had the bumpers rechromed and they look great.  I received more parts Friday, my wife says our house looks like a parts store. I have been keeping the parts here until I need to take them over to the shop.  They won't get mixed up or dirty this way.  Sometimes we have a few projects going at the same time.  Ken likes to restore the old Lincoln Pipeline welders, 200 amp. Right now he has 3 of them in the shop. In fact he used one to weld on the car for the cross members the other day. I forgot to mention that we took the steering wheel out.  My son n law bought a new chrome one. He also bought or is buying a retro style radio that has blue tooth for my Granddaughter. A few more post and I will be able to upload pics on here.  That will be another new thing for me to learn how to do. By time I get this car finished I might be proficient on the computer. Thanks, tedSmile
jented View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2016 at 8:38pm
Hello everybody.  Today I sanded all day. I have never seen so many layers of primer.  I am sanding off most of them to make sure our primer and paint will be compatible.  Ken is making the patches for the floor boards.  He is going to make 3 altogether; 1 for the floor shift hole; 1 for the right back floor; and 1 for the right front floor. I uploaded 3 pictures on photo bucket today.  Ken tack weld the shift hole for a start.
Tomorrow he will heat it with a torch and slowly bend in down to match the floor and weld it in place.  You can see in the pictures that he removed all the windows and their mechanisms.  That will make it a lot easier to clean the windows and lubricate the mechanisms before installing them.  I was going to take some pictures of the upholstery of Ken's orange panel truck but I was to tired.  I will try tomorrow before I start sanding. Thanks, ted

http://s1055.photobucket.com/user/jented1/library/?sort=3&page=1   my photo bucket link for Ted and Ken’s pictures on Hannah’s car restoration and Ken’s shop and projects.

jented View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2016 at 6:34pm
Hello everybody.  I was sick for a few days so no work was done on the project.  Today I was back at it.  I did a lot more sanding.  I checked on the build of the 700R4 tranny and it's going well. I posted a few more pictures on photo bucket.  My son n law said that he has been calling Bulltear every day to inquire about the parts not being shipped yet. It has been a month since he has ordered them and they still haven't shipped them. They must be really busy or they are really slow, I don't know which. Thanks, Ted

http://s1055.photobucket.com/user/jented1/library/?sort=3&page=1   my photo bucket link for Ted and Ken’s pictures on Hannah’s car restoration and Ken’s shop and projects.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
  Share Topic