TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

67 Rogue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67amc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 67 Rogue
    Posted: Oct/03/2018 at 11:40am
So my driver door latch failed while my 67 Rogue convertible was at my mechanic's shop. He is having a tough time getting the door open so that he can replace the latch. Any help would be appreciated.
Ruby loye View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ruby loye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2018 at 2:36pm
Try to open from inside?
67amc View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67amc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2018 at 2:49pm
Won't open from neither side.
bwrpacer View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bwrpacer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/05/2018 at 6:09pm
I also have a 1967 rogue convertible. First thing, do you have a technical services manual for your car? section 20-4 will show you picture for how the latch and locking mechanism looks like. you might be able to lower the window and see inside door to trip the door lock with something like a slim jim or a metal coat hanger. A remote control link from the inside door release handle and outside door handle may have lost a clip holding the link in place. Also I was told that the 1964 rambler American had service bulletin with problem that the latch teeth on the door would bind on the rear latch. With the convertible your body might be sagging slightly in the middle, check door Gap at top of door and bottom of door if Gap is smaller at the top it could cause door to stick. Hope this helps...but the technical service manual is invaluable. Bruce
67amc View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67amc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2018 at 12:00pm
Thanks for the the advise and the tips Bruce. Unfortunately, I do not have a service manual. Is the service manual exclusive to the 67 rogue convertible or any 67 Rambler american will do? Jay.
rocklandrambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rocklandrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/06/2018 at 4:39pm
The '67 American TSM will cover ALL models of the American for that year.
Past AMC's
1974 Hornet X (new)
1975 Gremlin X (new)
1964 Classic 660 Cross Country
1965 American 440-H
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic