TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

69 Rambler - Installing 360 & Body Work

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LakesideRamblin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 69 Rambler - Installing 360 & Body Work
    Posted: Apr/21/2017 at 8:27pm
Finally, my friend and engine builder has my engine ready and time to help me install it starting next week. Very excited to shoe horn this baby in my 69 Rambler with the Bulltear mounts.  The valve cover gaskets in the picture and some other parts in the video are just testers.  Any last minutes words of wisdom are welcome.  Thanks.

Link to a video testing it out:

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNN1oetMH1sTS56RuONh3PjuVLjU4uSg4wZkk2f

Edited by LakesideRamblin - Sep/12/2018 at 6:22pm
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2017 at 1:38pm
Took my front seat out this morning.  A little cumbersome doing it solo.  After the engine is installed next week I'll need to crawl under the dash and snake my new electrical harness in and hook everything up. Never again will I try to do it with the seat in.  I was a pretzel for 3 days afterwards last time I was under there with the seat in. Cry

LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." T. Roosevelt
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2017 at 1:42pm
Nice skins. 
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2017 at 7:39pm
Thanks, I bought the car that way from a guy in Southern Cal.  It's kind of funky but cool.  Someone put some pretty good work into it.  When I repaint it, I'm going to keep the same color I like it so much.
LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
hassyfoto View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hassyfoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2017 at 10:15pm
Very interesting interior. I would stay with! It unique and Kool in it's own way.
Good luck dropping in the engine and like you it's worth the time to take the seat out for under dash work. 
Murphy's Law:
Any given mechanical job you decide to solve alone will imminently require a third hand, at its most critical moment

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakesideRamblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2017 at 12:09am
Loaded the car and bringing it over to my engine builder for engine and tranny installation.

LakesideRamblin
69 Rambler 360
73 Javelin 360
mitchs66 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitchs66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/28/2017 at 9:16pm
It's going to be nice.
GreasedGremlin360 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreasedGremlin360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2017 at 5:16am
Love the slots!
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2017 at 8:04am
Matt,
Looking good. I see you are pulling the Rambler around with a old Ford truck. Good man!!

Couldn't get your video link to work.

You'll have it running by Nov for Boulder City.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
SirDigger View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirDigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2017 at 11:17am
And an VW T3 in the background   nice cars
SirDigger&his german Friends are looking for Parts http://theamcforum.com/forum/the-german-amc-forum-ambassadorsirdigger-needs_topic83570.html
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic