TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

73 amx Pierre Cardin‎:

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitelumpy401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 73 amx Pierre Cardin‎:
    Posted: Sep/20/2009 at 9:57pm
How rare was  the Pierre Cardin ‎ option. What are the total number of javelins and javelin amx's produced to know how rare of a car I have?Smile I know that the option was on 72 and 73 javelins
whitelumpy401
plum 73 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plum 73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2009 at 12:51am
  I'm new to the AMC world but from what I can find, there were a total of 4,152 Pierre Cardin (Javelins and AMX's) built from 1972 to 1974 and in 1973 there were 1,134 AMX's with the 304, 3,153 with the 360 and 1,420 with the 401.  Out of these AMX totals, I'm sure there weren't many with the P.C. option also. I have not been able to find an exact breakdown for mine either. Mine is a Plum AMX 360 4spd Pierre Cardin.   Eddie
whitelumpy401 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitelumpy401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/23/2009 at 9:42pm
Wow that means that what we have is one of 1,420 with the 401. Ours is painted a pewter color, automatic, Pierre Cardin with a vinyln top from the Kansas City Missouri area, now in Bentonville Arkansas.
whitelumpy401
leojiix197354874 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leojiix197354874 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2009 at 2:32pm
thats the amx I want to find some day. I would love to see photos of yours.
troman36 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troman36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2009 at 12:19pm
 Good afternoon,

I would like to help you our but I am new to the AMC world myself. I just purchase two javelins. I am a ford guy but I have always liked the looks of the Javelins. They are both 1972's and the one is a Pierre Cardin with a 401 automatic. It is missing the engine and transmission but otherwise is pretty complete except front buckets. Anyways from what I can tell it is a pretty rare piece. It looks as though 4152 were built in 1972 thru 1974. In 1972 I found out there was only 470 Javelins built with the 401 and 100 of those were Alabama State Police Interceptors. This Pierre Cardin has never been repainted and it actually has the Trans Am Victory Edition decals on the fenders below the Pierre Cardin emblems. Could this vehicle have been a Special Trans Am Javelin also?? I know from what I researched they were not available until 1973 but these decals have been on the car since it was purchased in 1978. I am trying to locate the original owner but I am probably going to sell the vehicle because it needs total restoration and I will not put that kind of money into the vehicle even with the history behind it. I do not have the money to spend. If you have any information you can provide would be great assistance. Anyone interested in purchasing please feel free to email me. Thanks, Troman36
wantajav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wantajav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2009 at 8:30pm
I've read the Trans Am decal was just a sticker--nothing more

Now a 401 PC is a nice piece

Fluffy73 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fluffy73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2009 at 10:06pm
The Trans-Am "Winner" decals are being reproduced, so someone may have added it. Another tell-tale sign is that the PC interior was not available with the T/A Victory package.  So that causes a little confusion.

Trans-Am "Victory" Package cars were a dress-up package, consisting of:

- 14" Slotted Wheels
- E70-14 White Letter Tires
- Space Saver Spare (located in the AMX position, not the same spot as the full size spare)
- Victory Decal on fender

All these wonderful options listed for $167.45, but available for no extra cost on the T/A package. Which begs the question, what did the package cost??
I am genetically incapable of being Politically Correct.
troman36 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troman36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2009 at 4:41pm
Thanks for the information. I will continue to try to find out more history on this vehicle. Apparently the decals are just that decals unless further investigation proves different somehow. I am going to continue trying to locate original owner.
PlumJavelin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlumJavelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2017 at 4:29pm
Due to complications beyond our control the PC registry is on vacation.  I am currently running a Facebook page for those who would like to contact me and be added to the registry at a later date.
"Pierre Cardin Javelin/AMX Registry"
Why won't this thing turn over...?

'72 SST Javelin "Young Turq"

'72 SST PC Javelin "PlumCrush"

2010 Winner of the prestigious AMO "Golden Hook" Award
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic