TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > The Member Companies and Products of AMC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AMC Marine division??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AMC Marine division??
    Posted: Jul/05/2018 at 11:33am
I found reference in a parts book from a supplier to AMC and it made me think a bit.....
We know AMC sold engines for MARINE use, but I didn't know much beyond that other than the 327 was at least one of those sold for marine use.......
but I found this reference - anyone know anything about this?

American Motors (MARITECH) Marine

Then it goes on to list Prestolite distributors and ignition parts used by the company - and the page is dated 1979 so it's late in AMC history in the grand scheme of things.

Jmerican View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmerican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2018 at 6:17pm
Gray Marine used the Gen 1 V8. I have heard of small Jet drive speed boats using the 360 as a production engine.
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2018 at 6:46pm
True - but did AMC sell these through a division such as "Maritech" because that looks to be who Prestolite sold ignition systems to AMC - through Meritech.
And it's listed as if Maritech WAS American Motors.

I know some wood boats used the early Gen I engines. I was asked to do some work for one.

Edited by billd - Jul/05/2018 at 6:49pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic