TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Autocross, circle track
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Aussie Humpster

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMCAMX390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/16/2018 at 7:02pm
Terry Carter was/is the owner. As mentioned by Western Red above a TransAm series runs in Queensland , Australia. Basically to the same spec as the original USA but with some control items, tyres, wheels, brakes to keep cost down. This car was crashed late '14 or early '15 and haven't heard of it but will ask a few QLD mates.
Check out the web site: www.australiantransam.com.au.
And for a few laps in the Javelin: https://www.youtube.com/user/72AMCJavelin
asifnyc View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2018 at 12:10am
yep, I watch all the touring car masters and australian trans-am videos I can find :)

I've seen the youtube in-car video as well. he has a facebook page also but hasn't been updated in years...

curious to know what became of the car.

asifnyc.com
'74 Jav/'74 Mat Race
'73 Jav/'75 Grm street
'75 Grm, '62 Amer, '70/'71 Jav - projects
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2018 at 1:37am
The yellow and white car was pretty heavily damaged and hasn't been rebuilt as far as I know:

g-man View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2018 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by asifnyc asifnyc wrote:

yep, I watch all the touring car masters and australian trans-am videos I can find :)

Just like "asif", I watch all the TCM that I can get (on YouTube).
I have been completely denied the last 2 rounds at Winton & Hidden Valley.
Do any of my Australian AMC brothers know where, or how, I can get video of these last 2 rounds.
I am completely at the mercy of the YouTube posters, and I check The site every single day, but I have been completely denied.
What do you say guys?
What can I do?
I wish we had something like TCM here in the States.

g-man

PS: I also watch and enjoy Australian Trans-Am
AMC only daily driver
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2018 at 10:41pm
Pay TV in Australia is getting a pretty strong hold on sports coverage these days, not much gets out free to air or on the web anymore.
PHAT69AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PHAT69AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2018 at 11:17pm
Sure do miss the good ol' days when YouTube was "obscure" and "under the radar"...
Not any more, that's for dang gone sure... silly censorship and search algorithms...
AMCAMX390 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMCAMX390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2018 at 2:08am
Terry Carters white/yellow No 46 TransAm Javelin is being rebuilt, could be a while yet before it hits the track.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2018 at 2:38am
That's good to hear, these things do take time.
asifnyc View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2018 at 3:43pm
YAY!  Clap

asifnyc.com
'74 Jav/'74 Mat Race
'73 Jav/'75 Grm street
'75 Grm, '62 Amer, '70/'71 Jav - projects
White70JavelinSST View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/28/2018 at 9:07am
Originally posted by AMCAMX390 AMCAMX390 wrote:

Terry Carters white/yellow No 46 TransAm Javelin is being rebuilt, could be a while yet before it hits the track.

Awesome !
70 Javelin SST, second owner, purchased 1972
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic