TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Base 390 Javelin Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 343536
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ranger View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2018 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by 69BBB3904spAMX 69BBB3904spAMX wrote:

Smile Nice, is the 68 tach where a clock usually goes an owner's custom addition?

Hi Pat! "Dealer installed option". Seriously though, if you look at the 1970 AMC Accessories booklet/price list, it lists the 68 type tach as a dealer installed option for 68-70 Javelin presumably with the 120 speedometer which didn't have a tach, of course. I was going to keep my copy on hand for proof if I had the car concourse judged.
1972 Gremlin X
Have2SC's View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Have2SC's Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2018 at 5:57pm
  Well if anyone saw that this car at the Woodward dream cruise in Michigan your eyes did not deceive you as i purchased the car about three weeks ago.  Russell is a super good guy and had Scott(OhioAMX)  do a high end restoration on a pretty rare and unusual car and i am happy to own it.  I plan to do no modifications and leave it in its stock condition although i do intend to do some upgrades to put my own stamp on the car if you know what i mean.  Want to thank Russell for entrusting me to take of this rare piece of history, and also to my brother Howard(Rogue343) for the time to help me go get it and to get it ready for the Woodward cruise.  Lee       
1971 SC360 Hornet 4 speed   1970 Javelin 390 4 speed "Base Model" 1967 Rambler 220 X code 343 4 speed
Sonic Silver View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/19/2018 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by Have2SC's Have2SC's wrote:

Well if anyone saw that this car at the Woodward dream cruise in Michigan your eyes did not deceive you as i purchased the car about three weeks ago.  Russell is a super good guy and had Scott(OhioAMX)  do a high end restoration on a pretty rare and unusual car and i am happy to own it.  I plan to do no modifications and leave it in its stock condition although i do intend to do some upgrades to put my own stamp on the car if you know what i mean.  Want to thank Russell for entrusting me to take of this rare piece of history, and also to my brother Howard(Rogue343) for the time to help me go get it and to get it ready for the Woodward cruise.  Lee       
Congrats on the purchase! 
Rogue343 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogue343 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2018 at 7:41am
Originally posted by Sonic Silver Sonic Silver wrote:

At least he bought something that didn't need completely redone.  Told him if he bought another project car I was going to inherit his cars a lot sooner than he planned!  LOL
1967 Rambler Rogue 'X' code 343 4 speed
1966 Rambler American 440 4 door Factory 290 (now 360) 4 speed VIN 100003
Mopar_guy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mopar_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2018 at 3:38pm

You bought a beautiful car! I seen it right after Scott finished it. Will you have it at the Glass City show this weekend?

"Hemilina" My 1973, 5.7 Hemi swapped Javelin
Have2SC's View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Have2SC's Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2018 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Sonic Silver Sonic Silver wrote:

Alex,  thanxs!!! No 7up near this carLOL. Lee
1971 SC360 Hornet 4 speed   1970 Javelin 390 4 speed "Base Model" 1967 Rambler 220 X code 343 4 speed
Have2SC's View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Have2SC's Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2018 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by Mopar_guy Mopar_guy wrote:

You bought a beautiful car! I seen it right after Scott finished it. Will you have it at the Glass City show this weekend?
Weather permitting i will be taking the Javelin to Glass City.  Looking forward to meeting everyone.  Lee
maddvector View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maddvector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/29/2018 at 8:06pm
Nice Car!
amcglass View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote amcglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/09/2018 at 9:49am
what a BITTERSWEET BEAUTY
Javmanpres

BBG Mark Donohue 401

74 Jav/AMX
71 Matador 2dr sedan delivery wagon
1902 Rambler Runabout   
70 T/A Javelin
bigbadgreen View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbadgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2018 at 12:07am
Very nice.id just like a ratty base model for a project.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 343536
  Share Topic