TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Buy Swap Sell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 90>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2018 at 5:48pm
They will suit the SC/360's and any 71 Hornet's etc perfect as he is doing the 71 model lenses which are the same as the 70 models except the 70 have a chrome strip and the 71 has a silver strip. The Chrome strip can be removed from old 70 lenses and applied to the new lenses for those wishing to do so. 

Does anyone know of a good alternative chrome strip that is almost the same as the 70 strip out there? As this would help convert them to 70 lenses if needed. One of my lenses has some Bunnings/Car parts shop generic type chromestrip which almost the same but just not right. 
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/30/2018 at 10:14pm
sweet !! Gary has sent me a confirmation.
I noticed a NOS lens came up on US EBay recently .......... $175 ?
With exchange rate and shipping, be around $270 - $300 to get it home.
Craigie.........

1968 Dodge Charger "Bullitt" tribute
1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2018 at 6:03am
Hi everyone. I was informed throughout the week that Len Pendlebury's torque convertor shop was broken into and a number of items and tools taken. Some AMC gearboxes were stolen and Alan Jones is after another early T400 that suits the early AMC Jeeps if anyone has one out there to replace the stolen item. Len had all his tools marked (I think he has put something up on facebook about what was taken etc) so be on the lookout for any odd things plus the gearboxes may be sold to Chev owners so if you know a Chev owner who buys a gearbox that doesnt seem to fit it could be one of the missing one's 
titan View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote titan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2018 at 7:22pm
I am after a set of seals for the front calipers on my 1966 rambler 770 sedan please. Also front brake pads. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
Oz_Bren View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oz_Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/10/2018 at 8:30pm
Do you have the 4 piston calipers? I've just swapped my 4 piston type out (off a 69 Rebel) for single piston Kelsey Hayes and the pads I removed are like new. So long as my brake upgrade works you can have whatever parts you need from my 4 piston setup. I'm hoping to bleed and test this afternoon. I'm an hour north of Sydney
titan View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote titan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2018 at 2:58am
they are 4 piston. Why did you change?
Oz_Bren View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oz_Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2018 at 3:18am
My 4 pistons had been sitting for 20 years and i had a set of single pistons from a 72 Matador, much easier for parts and better sytem with thicker and vented rotors.
titan View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote titan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/11/2018 at 5:21am
I really need new seals more than anything. how much do you want for the pads?
ozziamc View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozziamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2018 at 7:37pm
For sale 1974 Hornet Sportabout located in Adelaides northern suburbs. The car is a South African built Factory Right Hand drive car Rare 5 speed Manual coupled to a Nissan deisel 2.8 litre installed by Ben Ludlow engineering in Western Australia. The car has some rust but nothing structural or serious. This car was a future project but I will never  get the time to do it so its time to move the car.  phone Andrew on 0417878772 for more pics or email andrewt65@internode.on.net. still working out how to post pics.

74 hornet hatch

69 AMX 3 of 24 AMI build

75 sportabout

81 Concord

all Right Hand Drive
ozziamc View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozziamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2018 at 7:42pm
74 hornet hatch

69 AMX 3 of 24 AMI build

75 sportabout

81 Concord

all Right Hand Drive
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 90>
  Share Topic