TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > Dealerships - Nash, Hudson, Rambler, AMC, Jeep > Dealership Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Dealership photos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dealership photos
    Posted: Jan/24/2008 at 4:59am
Post photos of dealerships in this thread....

Oops - thanks Dennis! (menace)

Edited by billd - Jan/24/2008 at 5:01am
Menace SS/AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Menace SS/AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2008 at 5:58am
Originally posted by billd billd wrote:

Post photos of dealerships in this thread....

Oops - thanks Dennis! (menace)

This photo is of the front lot of my fathers dealership in Inglewood California. We had several AMC race cars there for verious reasons. We had cleared the front lot to take the shot

The cars from left to right are as follows:

1) The car on the car hauler is Charlie Brown driven by Corke Booza (spelling). I think it ran Super Stock class. (He was in town for a big race).

2) The AMX on the trailer is one of the Breedlove AMX's. I don't know if this is the one that I now own. (We had pulled it out of a flooded Breedlove shop and brought it to the dealership to clean the mud out of it). 

3) The next car is the later R,W,B Grant Rebel funny car. (In town for a big race). 

4) The black Javelin was called The Pointed Stick. It belonged to Bill Hohman, who worked for my dad and who's father also owned an AMC dealership (Hohman and Craft). My dad sponsered The Pointed Stick.
As you can see, no engine. (We were building a new engine for the car). 

5) The RWB Javelin is one of the Speed Spectacular Javelins. (Also pulled out of a flooded Breedlove shop).

6) The 67 Rouge on the far right is the first car we started racing. The car was called The Menace.

My dads dealership also had a 68 Javelin called Cathup that we used for bracket racing, and we had one of the original 52 Super Stock AMX's. It was called The Big Menace. At the time this photo was taken the Super Stock AMX, and Catchup were in the performance shop being worked on for the big weekend.  

Thanks Bill, for posting the photo!
Cool
Dennis 

Edited by Menace SS/AMX - Jan/24/2008 at 6:01am
My AMC Stable
1968 AMX (Craig Breedlove AMX600)
1969 SS/AMX Replica of(THE Big Menace)
1969 AMX 390,auto,Go Package    
1970 AMX 390, 4 speed
1970 Javelin 401(Big Bad Red)
1968 AMX (FOR SALE)
Ohio AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ohio AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2008 at 9:15am
That is easilly the coolest thing I've seen this year! Thanks for sharing! Thumbs%20Up
1940 Hupmobile Skylark
1968 Javelin future Pro Street
1969 AMX 290/auto (first car)
1997 Dodge SS/T 5.9L
AMO# 983
FamlyTradition View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FamlyTradition Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/27/2008 at 1:58pm
 Here is the Sercy AR Dealership, Duncan AMC/Jeep/Renault. p building at 702 E. Race St.

Edited by FamlyTradition - Jan/28/2008 at 1:38pm
65 Rambler Classic 550 & 660
kirkwood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/28/2008 at 2:47pm
AMO Newsletter Editor
Menace SS/AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Menace SS/AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2008 at 9:55am

Kirkwood
That is too cool! Brand new AMC's 

When was that picture taken and Pardon my ignorance but what state is that dealership in?

Thanks for sharing!
Dennis

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are a couple of pictures of the Grant Rebel sitting on the showroom floore at my dads dealership. 

Edited by Menace SS/AMX - Feb/04/2008 at 10:30am
My AMC Stable
1968 AMX (Craig Breedlove AMX600)
1969 SS/AMX Replica of(THE Big Menace)
1969 AMX 390,auto,Go Package    
1970 AMX 390, 4 speed
1970 Javelin 401(Big Bad Red)
1968 AMX (FOR SALE)
Ohio AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ohio AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2008 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Menace SS/AMX Menace SS/AMX wrote:

When was that picture taken and Pardon my ignorance but what state is that dealership in?

Detroit, 1969. I believe that was the prototype store for the new A-Mark signage.
1940 Hupmobile Skylark
1997 Dodge SS/T 5.9L
AMO# 983
kirkwood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/29/2008 at 11:30pm
it was the prototype, it is part of the switchover packet that I need to scan and post. The dealership was in Gross Pointe, Wisconsin according to the material in the packet, though. 
AMO Newsletter Editor
Ohio AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ohio AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2008 at 3:17am

I bet that's an error. My 1982 Dealer Directory lists Grosse Pointe Motor Sales in Michigan. Would AMC have 2 dealers with the same name in different states? I Googled the address (18201 Mack Ave in Detroit) and the satellite image sure looks like the same place. It later became Joe Ricci Jeep/Eagle and is currently Lochmoor Luxury Imports, possibly a BMW dealer.

Yes, I have nothing better to do! LOL

Edited by Ohio AMX - Jan/30/2008 at 3:20am
1940 Hupmobile Skylark
1997 Dodge SS/T 5.9L
AMO# 983
kirkwood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2008 at 4:45am
Could be - I need to get the packet out and look.

Scott... check your email...
AMO Newsletter Editor
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
  Share Topic