TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Doug's 70 AMX Build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 17>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoughertyAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2018 at 6:00pm
Worked on more smalls today.  Tedious.................

Got a rebuild kit for the brake proportioning valve, so need to rebuild/restore it, along with the blower resistor and firewall plate.  Looks like decent enough parts to work with.

Wish I had some of the skills many of you have.  I'm used to working on race cars, where it's all about performance and not necessarily the little visual details, but sure is fun.

DoughertyAMX View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoughertyAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2018 at 6:35pm
My car being a very early build 70, it came with the dual vacuum advance. I'm sure after 50 years it is shot, and don't believe they are available anywhere.  What are others doing in this case, just replacing it with the single line vacuum advance?
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoughertyAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2018 at 6:37pm
Also, as I have my car back and am ready to start assembling it back together, I'm debating on whether to use the original type repop under dash/firewall insulation, or just use Dynamat.  The carpet is going to cover it either way where it would be visible.  Thoughts?
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoughertyAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2018 at 8:23am
Boom mat installed.  Will cover with padded interior carpet.

Does anyone have a good pic of the rear kick panel (behind seats under  1/4 window trim).  Someone had just glued carpet to the sheet metal on mine, and I think there should be a cardboard/plastic panel covered in vinyl?

amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2018 at 11:54am
Legendary makes correct panels for the 1/4 trim cover.

Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoughertyAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2018 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by amxdreamer amxdreamer wrote:

Legendary makes correct panels for the 1/4 trim cover.

Thanks Tony, I will check that out!
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2018 at 12:43pm
For a "race car" person you are doing a great job on the details. It is looking great. Thumbs Up

73 Hornet - 401EFI - THM400 - Twin Grip 20
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoughertyAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/25/2018 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by pit crew pit crew wrote:

For a "race car" person you are doing a great job on the details. It is looking great. Thumbs Up

Thanks!  Now I have a few questions which show my lack of AMX knowledge:

1)  For the life of me, I can't figure out how this attaches to the hood pull latch.  My car did not have this on it but I ordered and am trying to figure it out how to mount?  Anyone have any pics?  

https://www.amarkamc.com/product.sc?productId=111&categoryId=-1

2)  The jute cowl padding, asssume it should be glued on with 3M Super 77 or something similar?  Anyone have pics of their cowl after attaching the repop jute padding?

3)  The firewall pad/insulation, with the four plastic push in clips.  Was it glued to firewall, or were the push in retainers meant to hold it on.  Carpet go on over these push in clips or does the carpet stop before these retainers (pad overlaps carpet which in that case, pad should go in after carpet)?  Also have to say, these sure don't line up very well with the cutouts and holes in my firewall.  Going to take some significant trimming.

Doug
1970390amx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1970390amx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/25/2018 at 5:16pm
You hood latch has two rods one goes straight down from the latch to a pivot mounted on the hood latch support and one from the pivot straight out under the bumper-above the plate. The second rod goes through that bracket to support it.
1970 390 4speed Bittersweet shadow mask AMX
1970 Amx missing most everything, or in a box
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoughertyAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/25/2018 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by 1970390amx 1970390amx wrote:

You hood latch has two rods one goes straight down from the latch to a pivot mounted on the hood latch support and one from the pivot straight out under the bumper-above the plate. The second rod goes through that bracket to support it.

Ok, so the bracket I listed from Amark mounts under the front bumper.  That's what I thought but wanted to make sure I mounted it correctly.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 17>
  Share Topic