TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Jeeps and Eagle 4x4 fun.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

First time mudding for 2 Jeeps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RebelRay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First time mudding for 2 Jeeps
    Posted: Sep/26/2014 at 4:37pm
We've been rebuilding my Sister-in-law's 1980 CJ5 (now titled as a 77, but that's a different story!) for several months.  We finally got to see the fruits of our labor last Saturday.  We drove an hour north of St. Louis to "Letz go nutz" off road park to have some fun on the trails for her birthday.  Both Jeeps performed admirably, each getting stuck only once or twice.  We even rescued a truck and a motor bike with my tow strap (apparently nobody else thought to bring one!)

It was a good day Smile

Pics of the fun:

This is just after I pulled them out of that large water puddle in the background.  "It didn't look that deep" LOL

The water was up to the top of the passenger wheel well, so the floor was covered in muddy water.  Luckily we still haven't patched all of the "drain holes" in the floor, so it drained nicely! LOL

My 5yr old niece rode with me in the JK.  She didn't like the mud puddles as much as I did.  But she said she had fun!

The trails were very narrow and lined with thorn bushes.  But they were my favorite part.  It amazes me how well a stock Jeep can get around.  This was one of the wide parts of the trail.  Most parts you couldn't get out.

This is what happens when you bring a 2 wheel drive ranger to an off road park!  They had to borrow our tow strap twice to get it out.  And yes, that's an all-wheel-drive Porche pulling him out!  Confused

"All cleaned up" for the drive home. LOL

32 years apart but not all that different.  The Jeep heritage.  "If it ain't broke..."

Happy Jeeping :)

Ray
spottydog360 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spottydog360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2014 at 5:24am
you're not trying hard enough if you don't get stuck,its just part of wheelin

hassyfoto View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hassyfoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2014 at 6:02am
Originally posted by spottydog360 spottydog360 wrote:

you're not trying hard enough if you don't get stuck,its just part of wheelin

LOL    Thumbs Up

Murphy's Law:
Any given mechanical job you decide to solve alone will imminently require a third hand, at its most critical moment

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic