TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Tool Time tool review and eval area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Harbor Freight Blasting Cabinet Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RamblinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2010 at 9:14pm
Yeah, that's what I did. Thought it was too high, but I could lift it just enough. Built a skid with wheels to get it around back of the shed. This thing is rated at 21 CFM @ 100 PSI and it's built like a freakin tank! SWEET!
The Right Reverend of Blessed Acceleration
amundaza View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amundaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2010 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by RamblinMan RamblinMan wrote:

Yeah, that's what I did.

Glad you gave it a try and it worked out for you!  Blast away, Mr. Sand Blaster!
Sincerely,

Greg Taylor
heyjavelin View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyjavelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2011 at 3:56pm
I have been using a HF cabinet in the shop for three years and it has held up well.  On my third light bulb and have gone thru about 50 tear-offs.  When the cabinet was new I had a number of leak problems then I hooked up a shop vac to the air outlet on the right side of the cabinet and I put an automotive air filter over the inlet port on the back (cover by a 4" plastic plug).  This has stopped all the leaks and made it much easier to see when blasting.  After about an hour of use I dump the blast media from the shop vac back into the blaster and keep on shooting. 
nali View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2011 at 12:00am
I use an extractor made from a dyer fan . It works great , so I can see quite clearly the job I do .

It s all made of junk parts , but it works :P

No more car :)
Maybe a 1965 Ambassador Coupé someday .. If I can find a cheap one.
Johnny Javelin View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Javelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2011 at 8:50am
One thing to remember when blasting Aluminum wheels, if you plan on polishing any of the surfaces afterwards,DO NOT Blast them! I cleaned some wheels the same way then took them to a Machine shop that specializes in metal polishing and the Guy there advised me not to do that because the surface gets too distorted and cannot be polished correctly. As usual I had to learn the hard way, so I thought I would pass it along so someone else dosen't have to 
jeremy0711 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremy0711 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2011 at 9:38am
you could blast your aluminum with baking soda.

I have my cabinet hooked up to a Delta dust vac for a wood shop. I bought a slide valve for control the suction. I rewired the lights and use outdoor house lighting inside it that has heavy duty glass shelding. I also use old house window panes and cut them down for the window instead of plastic. I have plenty of pvc leads to each side of the garage with regulators and moisture traps to each hose reel. I am also using an 80 gallon Quincy comprssor. I could use a new gun as the tips suck to find. I have been using old metal line fittings from old projects as tips and they work great and last just as long and would cost less too.    
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic