TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AMCRC 29th Annual National Convention - Event Date: Jul/25/2008

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountainmoron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: AMCRC 29th Annual National Convention
    Posted: Nov/30/2007 at 9:22am
July 25th - 27th, 2008 - AMCRC 29th Annuial National Convention in Marymount, WA. Hosted by the Cascade Rambler Chapter. The meet will be held at the LeMay Auto Museum in Marymount, WA on July 26th, 2008.

Edited by Mountainmoron - Dec/29/2007 at 2:24am
'69 AMX 390EFI, AMO #9412
Blue Stinger View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Stinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2007 at 3:56pm
This will be a meet that should not be missed because of where it's being held.  For those of you who don't know, the LeMay Auto Collection is the largest privately owned auto collection on the planet.   There are quite a few AMC and  AMC-related vehicles in the collection.  LeMay's grandson Eric loves Pacers (last I heard, he owned five).  The man who accumulated all these cars (over 3200) was named Harold LeMay and it was my honor to know Harold personally.  Harold was a self-made multi millionaire who started one of the largest waste management companies in North America.    He was one of the nicest people I've ever known. 

After Harold's passing in 2002, the family took the steps necessary to keep the collection intact and in the family.   Hopefully the LeMay Auto Museum will open in Tacoma, WA in 2010.  I've seen the drawings of the museum and it will be the most beautiful auto museum in the world. 

Besides having the opportunity to see this incredible collection, you should come because of the group who's hosting the meet, Cascade Ramblers.  Having lived in Washington for 13 years, being the President of an AMC club and hosting an all-AMC show for seven years, I got to know many of them and they are a great group.  I know this meet will be one of the best AMCRC national meets ever (at least until our club hosts the meet in Las Vegas in 2010).

Mark

Edited by Blue Stinger - Dec/09/2007 at 4:02pm
Mark Ogulnick
Boulder City, NV
'71 Hornet SC 360
6768rogues View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2007 at 8:51am
Sounds like a good time, but it is on the left coast and I am on the right coast.
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Stinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2008 at 10:03pm
Whether you're an AMCRC member or not, you don't want to miss this show.  Not only will you get a chance to see the largest privately owned auto collection on the planet but the host club, Cascade Ramblers has a great schedule of events planned.  I personally know many of the Cascade members and they are a great group and I know they'll put on a terrific show.   Anyone from this forum planning to be there (besides me and Dave J.)?

Mark

July 25th - 27th, 2008 Rendezvous 2008 - AMCRC 29th Annual National Convention in Marymount, WA, Hosted by the Cascade Rambler Chapter on Thursday, Friday, & Saturday, July 25–27.
The
AMCRC National Show will be held at the LeMay Auto Museum in Marymount, WA, on July 26, 2008. The theme of the show is the 40th anniversary of the Javelin and AMX model lines.  The Cascade Ramblers have planned many special events starting on Thursday, July 24 and running through Sunday, July 27, including a pre-show picnic, tour, and an awards banquet with guest speaker, AMC historian Larry Mitchell.  For a Entry Form, Flyer, Schedule of Events and Convention details or List of Hotels click the links below.  For more information call Rick Berry at (253) 631-5076 or send an e-mail to president@cascaderamblers.org
Mark Ogulnick
Boulder City, NV
'71 Hornet SC 360
raysinvegas View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raysinvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2008 at 12:33am
Originally posted by Blue Stinger Blue Stinger wrote:

Anyone from this forum planning to be there (besides me and Dave J.)?

Mark

I suppose I'll go since I've been talking to you about it for a YEAR! Hammer%20HeadWacko
Besides, Dave and I have a date with a Kokanee draft! Cheers!Mug
Andy Ray
64 440H
64 440 Convertible
68 Javelin SST 343
69 Javelin SST 343
69 SC/Rambler
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Stinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2008 at 12:15pm
Sorry Andy,  I had a brain fart.   I posted that last night while I was bored at work.  I was tired and not thinking clearly. 

Mark
Mark Ogulnick
Boulder City, NV
'71 Hornet SC 360
Dave J. View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2008 at 9:08pm
The events schedule sounds like a blast!!! Friday at Owens Beach
Saturday at Lemays, and Sunday a Cruise!!!
Kokanee to boot!!!
Dave...
"69 AMX" Go-Pak
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic