TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

dodge 360 and amc 360

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx39068 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/16/2010 at 1:41pm

Here in Phoenix we have a pretty large contingent of active AMC owners so the stupid question and comments at the shows are usually limited to when Barret Jackson and the rest of auctions take place in January.  At this past season's shows around the auctions, a guy asked if I was interested in selling my personal SC/Rambler but then got food poisining a day later so when I called him back he sounded like he was about to die right on the phone. 

I never heard from him again so I never got to see if he was serious or just a tire kicker but at least he know what engine was in it when we were talking!  Even so, I still get a lot of questions asking if my car is a Chevy II or Nova.Wacko
Dan Curtis-Owner and CEO AZ AMC Restorations; Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amcmusclecars/ & Curtis Real Estate Development
Franks spirit View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Franks spirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2020 at 3:44pm
I've got a 81' Spirit..  6 cylinder in it... i wouldn't mind stuffing a 360 AMC or a small block Chrysler in this car....  I definitely realize huge difference between the two engines...I've got a 727 mopar trans in case I find a mopar engine, I'm no dummy on this stuff..   but i can't find ethier engine to rebuild...   anybody got something reasonably priced they wanna sell?   Let m e know thanks!!   
Frank...   
SC397 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC397 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2020 at 3:53pm
How many AMC 360's do you want?  $250.00 for a complete engine.  Come get a couple.
Heavy 488 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy 488 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2020 at 3:57pm
I would think there should be enough Dodge Rams in the salvage yards or on Craig's list to score a 5.9 Mopar.
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2020 at 4:20pm
Have a look around in Jeep land, plenty of AMC V8 powered Jeeps out there and they ran the 360 through to 1991.
I've finally given up drinking for good...........now I only drink for evil.
Trader View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2020 at 6:39pm
No, you go to a car show and the Father tells the son's, look boys, there's a nice Mustang.
Then he asks what engine do you have in it and you tell him a 401. He asks why I would put an old Nailhead in a Ford? Just shrug my shoulders. Then lifts the youngest son up to the car to see inside and states "look son, that car is in MPH, it was made in the US".
Son asks, how can you drive that car, there's no screen? 
Just don't respond any more and let then have a nice day.
Heavy 488 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy 488 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2020 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Trader Trader wrote:

He asks why I would put an old Nailhead in a Ford?

Because it's his and he couldLOL
Snotty View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2020 at 2:24pm
I am not going to read through 6 pages of comments, but to the question: simply look at where the distributor is on each motor. Anyone who says they are the same motor is an idiot.

Now, to further confuse the issue: talk about the Ford 360....
Son's car: '73 Gremlin X, 401, T-10, Mopar 8.75 rear with 3.23 sure grip. My car: '70 Newport Convertible, 440 automatic
Sonic Silver View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2020 at 3:38pm
AHA! I knew all along it was a Ford engine.
purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/10/2020 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by WesternRed WesternRed wrote:

Have a look around in Jeep land, plenty of AMC V8 powered Jeeps out there and they ran the 360 through to 1991.
  Good luck.  Not hardly any left in my area.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic