TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC 6 Cylinder Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Heater flow control valve

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt167 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heater flow control valve
    Posted: Apr/23/2008 at 7:42pm
The heater control valve on my 196 OHV in my '65 American is seized up.. I have a new 1 that came with the car and being it's spring now ( valve is stuck open )... I want to change it.. but b4 I do I want to make sure the tube that comes off the intake will not spin out.. how is that tube attached? do I need to hold it?
ramblinfsj View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblinfsj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/24/2008 at 10:23am
Yeah the tube just threads into the intake. Use a pipe wrench to hold the tube as you turn the heater valve. If you destory the tube or it's corroded to the heater valve, just go to Lowes or the home depot and buy a new tube.
1982 Jeep J-20
1965 Rambler American 220
1978 Jeep Cherokee w/401
1983 Jeep J-10
1979 Concord DL 2dr
matt167 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt167 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/25/2008 at 8:28am
Thanks.. I thought it was threadded but wanted to make sure it wasn't  pressed in..  knowing the thread is 1/2" I probably have a short section of black iron pipe laying around that would work if I needed it.
purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/27/2008 at 7:27pm

use antiseize......

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic