TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Lone Star Regional/East TX Cruise-In April 27th
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Lone Star Regional/East TX Cruise-In April 27th - Event Date: Apr/27/2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BayshoreBlues View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Lone Star Regional/East TX Cruise-In April 27th
    Posted: May/09/2013 at 11:31am
Here's a link to another set of pics on the American Motors Club of Houston website.  

Once owned'70 Donohue 360 :(
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
'74/'75 Wagoneer 401 project(s)
'74 Javelin 401 very late (the last?) built.
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
Gremil View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gremil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 9:40pm
Here are my pictures from the Regional Car Show:
http://www.upmpg.com/car_clubs/2013_amc_regional/index.html

I sure enjoyed myself and scored some good finds at the Swap Meet. All in all a great day. Thumbs Up
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2013 at 4:23pm
So, finally catching our breathe after a hugely successful show!  First and foremost I want to thank my wife Misty for being there all the way through and working hard to make this event happen.  Folks, I couldn't ask for a better partner than this and to top it all off, Wednesday the 24th was our anniversary.  Yes, she's that kind of supportive.  A big thanks to those that assisted at the meet: Marty and Willa Roberts, Lyman and Marsha Eppley, Tim Gould, Peter Groeneweld (who flew in from Chicago for the event), Jeff Jung, Tom Taylor, Patrick Robbillard, Tyler Springfield, Rod and Caleb Hanks for pop-ups, tables and chairs loans and I know I'm forgetting others at the moment. 

We had 39 vehicles in attendance and 10 to 12 that did not show.  No worries, we had a blast and hopefully they'll be able to attend next year.  We even had a little mist and a light rain for a few minutes mid-morning, but that went away quickly and didn't dampen anyone's enjoyment of the event.  There were a wide variety of participants bringing everything from a 1929 Nash Special 6-430 coupe, '53 Willys CJ-3A, 1961 M422 Mighty Mite, 1959 & 1965 Rambler American coupes, 1967 Rebel, 1967 Wagoneer, '68 Ambassador coupe, 1970 AMX, multiple Javelins/AMXs (1-'68, 1-'69, 2-'70, 4-'71, 1-'72, 4-'74), Gremlins, Spirits, a SX/4, 1976 Hornet Sportabout, a Rebel Machine, 1981 Cherokee, 1986 J-20, 2 CJ5s, '89 Comanche, even an '02 Sahara tricked out as a military rig and an '11 "Retro AMX" (ya had to be there).  Thinking I missed a couple in there somewhere.  

We had several people show up with parts to sell and from what I could tell quite a few changed hands.  Shoot, running around taking care of things all day I didn't even get a chance to look.  I saw a couple of things the next day in some pictures I was sent and thought, man I needed to look at that for one of mine, dang!  Again, maybe next time.

Here is a brief video panning across the show field mid-afternoon after some folks had already left.  The tree to the right is also blocking some cars.  

Here are links to my other Youtube video uploads:

Here is a link to an album Art Nesmith posted up on Sunday with pictures of almost every car that was there:

We also made the front page of the Lufkin Daily News.  We were excited to get this coverage and hope to make an even bigger splash in the local media next time.  We appreciate Ms. Oaks coming out and joining us and featuring our article so prominently as well.  Now, one caveat here, from reading this forum I feel fairly certain you know I don't speak as I am in quotations having said in this article, but it's the newspaper and they have to edit and condense things a great deal.  It is funny to see the term "renovate" used in reference to a car though; as well as, "car shoppers" at a car show ; ). 

I encourage others to post their pictures and video links here as well (especially since I didn't get very many good pics myself ; ) to share with everyone.
Hopefully the folks that couldn't make it this year will be able to join us next time and we'll see if we can't hit 50 vehicles participating.  

We did have several companies and individuals donate door prize items that really put the icing on the cake.  Some of them are: Legendary Auto Interiors, Rockauto, Randy Quinn = Performance American Style, Art Nesmith = Amsoil local distributor for East TX, O'Reilly Auto Parts, Phoenix Graphics, Tom Taylor, Streetside Classics.  I'm pretty sure I'm leaving some out, will have to go back through my list.

We were able to raise several hundred dollars to go toward the West Relief Fund.  Thank you to everyone that contributed to this cause and also to those that contributed toward offsetting the event expenses.  The AMC community is a great one and you guys just proved that once again.

Again, thank you to all that assisted and to all that participated.  Almost everyone stayed right up through late afternoon and several helped tear down and clean up afterwards (Sam Ramos comes to mind here).   Please, post your stories of interest from the day here to share with others.  My regret is that with a day like this I had so little time to spend visiting with anyone or checking out the cars.  I hope I did get to speak with most everyone, though I know there were several with whom I did not and my apologies there.   

I will post pics of the award winners as soon as I can comb through and get good shots.
Reagan  

Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
txamx View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote txamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2013 at 9:51am
Reagan,

Could you post the address for tomorrow's meet?

Thanks,
John B
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2013 at 3:00pm
Sorry Art, meant to thank you for the kind words, but was interrupted several times typing the posting.  It takes the efforts of several folks to pull this off, so it's not just me.
Reagan
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/22/2013 at 2:58pm
Well, less than a week to go and I still have most of my hair, but it may be gone by Saturday ; ).  Thanks to everyone for almost 1,900 views of our event posting.  We are now expecting at or possibly beyond 40 vehicles ranging from Rambler Americans, Javelins, AMXs, Gremlins, Hornets, CJ5s, Wagoneers, Cherokees to several more.  Here is the event t-shirt design front and back:

If you haven't already placed your order this is still time, barely.  We will have a hand full of extras for sale at the event, but I will be locking in the final number to be produced tomorrow afternoon or first thing Wednesday morning, so don't wait.  They are $15 for adult men's small thru XL and $17.50 for XXL.  You would pay for the t-shirt(s) upon arrival at the meet.

As we said before, if you will be attending, please contact myself, Tom Taylor or Tim Gould for information and so that we can be as accurate as possible in our planning to accommodate everyone.

We will have many parts for sale or trade at the meet.  I mean many.  There will be a slough of 258 stock and hi-po engine parts and some dress-up accessories.  There will be lots of Javelin interior pieces, exterior trim, fenders, etc.  If someone is interested, I'll even bring the following for a '69 Rebel: hood, passenger fender, glove box door, tail lights (from a 4 door, fit 2 door?), grill in pieces (may be what you need to fix yours though), steering wheel, for '66 American wagon (I believe it was, been since 1990 when I pulled the parts tho): hood, wagon tail light lenses, one headlight surround, wagon machined aluminum tailgate trim panel, glove box door, maybe some other items, partial Gremlin X grill (good turn signal light), Gremlin 70-75(?) tail lights complete that have been in a garage since '90, maybe a couple of sport steering wheels, maybe some 14" Ralleys (in need of resto) and who knows what else I'll dig up if I have enough time.  Again, this pales in comparison to what others are bringing.  If you have any specific parts you are needing, feel free to post the requests here. 

Sorry for any misspellings or crazy grammar, typing this quickly and no time for spell check today.
Reagan

Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
Gremil View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gremil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/07/2013 at 10:12am
Just a quick note from a guy in Lufkin that is proud to own and drive a Gremlin. Reagan has been phenomenal in his ability to organize and rally AMC people not only in Lufkin, but all over the state. My hat's off to him!

Last year's show was absolutely great and I'm looking forward to this year and seeing all the other AMC enthusiasts. I got some great photos last year and expect it to be much better this year. There were 3 inline six AMC engines sporting performance Clifford intakes and dual header exhausts. Honest. You're lucky to see one of those at a show.
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2013 at 3:16pm
Just a quick update, if you are planning on staying overnight at the Comfort Suite in Lufkin, shoot me an e-mail or text and let me know how many rooms and if staying Friday and/or Saturday night(s) as I am trying to get information together to get a lower rate from them for our participant's stay. 

Also, a thanks to everyone for getting us over 1,400 views of our posting.  We've added several participants and vehicles in just the last few days, which is helping in our planning.  Please, continue to let us know if you are attending so we can send you a registration form to enable us to better keep track of who and what all will be here.  Remember folks, this is a free event.

Also of note, we are getting more and more confirmations of parts that will be brought for sale or swap, so let me know what you may have coming or are needing in that department and we'll get the word out.  As of yesterday I was told we even have a 50k original mile Eagle coming that will be for sale.

Reagan Ratliff
936/225-0569  
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2013 at 4:36pm
Registration form is now available.  Please, contact one of the following and we will e-mail you the registration form.  We need to know how many will be attending in order to properly plan the event.

Reagan Ratliff: 936/225-0569 or ratliffr@centralisd.com

Tom Taylor: 713/249-2466 or tom.taylor@c-a-m.com

Tim Gould: 281/435-4452 or trex6622@yahoo.com

We do have a tentative design for the front of the event t-shirt, the back design is still evolving, but thought we'd give you a sneak peek as it were:

Event t-shirt prices are tentatively $17.50 at this time for adult men's small thru XL.  There will be an additional amount for XXL sizes, but do not have a determined amount at his time (most likely $2.50 addtl).  The more orders we receive, the greater quantity discount pricing we will receive, so get those orders in and let's drive that price down.

Thanks,

Reagan

Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2013 at 4:16pm
Please remember, in order to make this a successful event we need your particpation and we need to know as far in advance as possible to plan accordingly.  As an example, we cannot get an accurate pricing on event t-shirts without knowing how many attendees will be wanting them, and we need to have our order placed in plenty of time to have them completed and delivered before the event.  The number of particpants will also determine the amount of food that is purchased for our lunch that day; as well as, the show versus general parking set-up, etc.

Here is the event flyer for the upcoming Lone Star Regional.

Give us a holler and plan to come and join us April 27th.
Reagan
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic