TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Heater hose fitting on intake manifold

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Rebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heater hose fitting on intake manifold
    Posted: May/02/2013 at 7:28am
Can someone tell me if the heater hose fitting at the rear of the manifold is threaded into the intake, or is it a pressed fit? Also, does the correct one have a 90 degree bend? Mine is broke off. Still enough there to clamp a hose onto, but no longer has the bend, which creates a bend in the hose. Thank you for your help with this. I appreciate it.

whizkidder View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizkidder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 7:35am
It's threaded. Shape/function varies by year and model. Some are just hose barbs, some have the heater valve built in.
Ron Frost
marne1ancient @ gmail.com
910 nine two two 0563

"There is no limit to what a man can do, so long as he does not care a straw who gets credit for it. Charles Montague
Mr. Ed View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 8:07am
Mine was threaded and had a gentle 90º but it had rusted away. Napa had one that is functional but is a sharp 90ºangle. I do not have the part # here but I think they can get it for your by description.

Later!
Mr. Ed
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo "Gwendolyn."
1978 Concord Sport coupe "Mr. Black".
1982 Concord wagon. The Admiral. FOR SALE!
1976 Sportabout X, 304, auto, air. The Bronze Goddess

Red Rebel View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Rebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2013 at 9:09am
Thanks for your help guys. I was pretty sure it was threaded, but hoped it was pressed in. Not sure if I should mess with it, or leave as is. It is a Machine manifold and would hate to wreck it. I took it to a machine shop and they didn't want to mess with it.
Mr. Ed View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2013 at 8:41am
OK. I found the invoice from NAPA. The part # is 660-1549 for the "heater fitting." It fit perfectly but it is a sharp 90º angle rather than a sweeping 90º like the stock piece. It was $10.99 plus tax. Beats the excessive price that some of the vendors want for NOS pieces or waiting for a vendor to ship a used one. I finally gave up waiting.

Later!
Mr. Ed

budryzer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budryzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2013 at 10:41am
That's one HOT item:)   Sorry, couldn't resist.
1968AMX Stroked 369
"UNCLE SAM" tribute
04 H2
04 BMW 325
A/W 95 Ultralight Hobbycopter
85 CR500 x 2 and 13 other open Class Bikes
77 Hercules
Chinook Flt Lead
Prev
1970AMX390/4spSonicw/mask&3Gremm's
Red Rebel View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Rebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2013 at 1:51pm
Thanks for looking that up, Mr. Ed. My only problem now is deciding whether or not I should try removing whats there now, or living with it as is.
17tamx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 17tamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2013 at 10:15pm
They are not that hard to remove. The pipe is a softer material than the cast iron intake manifold. Even if the pipe breaks up you can still get the piece out.

Kirk P. Fletcher
70 AMX BBG w/Shadow 390 4sp
71 SC360 Wild Plum Ram Air 4sp
67 Rogue Convert 343 4sp
66 Rogue Hardtop 290 Auto
66 440 Convert 232 Auto
Mr. Ed View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2013 at 10:25am
Glad to help.

Later!
Mr. Ed

letank View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote letank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2016 at 9:03pm
Bringing back this, as the napa part has been upgraded 660-1549 looks a lot better, not a smooth transition, but it is solid, for the 360 of course.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic