TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Autocross, circle track
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Aussie Humpster

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aussie Humpster
    Posted: Nov/20/2013 at 5:20pm
GreggR View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreggR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2013 at 5:40pm
The Shannon's Javelin has gotten a lot of ink elsewhere on the forum.

Having said that...thanks for the link.

Gotta love our Aussie friends...
No matter where you go, there you are... Buckaroo Banzai.'75 Hornet Hatchback
Pokerchip View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokerchip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2013 at 3:07am
Unfortunately this car met a sticky end in one of the races later in the year.

http://www.jimrichardsracing.com.au/JRNews26.php
1962 Rambler American 400 Convertible

1967 Rambler American 440 Sedan
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2013 at 3:09am
Yes, pretty old news, he actually smashed it and it was written off at the last race of it's fisrt season. Still building the replacement last I heard, so he is back racing the old Falcon Sprint and currently leading the championship.
Javelin74 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2014 at 12:43pm
Thought I'd post this up since you can see the new Javelin in the works behind Richards in the video, even though there's really no mention of the car.  Still nice to see the project to rebuild/reconstruct is ongoing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLNvEIKtUNQ&feature=youtu.be
g-man View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote g-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2014 at 5:41pm
Thanks for posting that JAV74, that is the closest I've seen to an update in a very long time (trust me I've been actively looking).

Of course, if I had to describe that video with words, it would be just one: TEASE!

Better than nothing, however by looks of the car in the video, it looks like we won't be seeing the Javelin on the track till next season, as they only have one race left this season.
Nothing against the Falcon Sprint, but I would really love to see that Javelin back on the track instead.

g-man
AMC only daily driver
Lucas660 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/08/2014 at 7:11am
The engine build for the Aussie jav is worth reading if you can find it.
Rogue401 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogue401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2014 at 8:17pm
It's a Dodge engine, isn't it?
Javelin74 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2014 at 8:32pm
Yes, but it's still an interesting build because of how the rules required it to be built.  The whole build of the Javelin 1.0 (since 2.0 is in the works) is actually a really neat read.  I have the magazine I ordered from Australia that talks about it at home.  
Rogue401 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rogue401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2014 at 8:41pm
Not knocking it. Just saying. I enjoy reading most all engine builds (except for another SBC). You always learn something. I'd love to read the article, especially about the body and suspension.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic