TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Autocross, circle track
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Aussie Humpster

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/27/2015 at 11:47pm
ambassador401 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ambassador401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2015 at 3:09am
Awesom watch! And Thanks for the detail pics
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2017 at 11:37pm
The Jim Richards Javelin was involved in a big accident at the weekend:

http://www.supercars.com/videos/support-categories/huge-touring-car-masters-crash-in-adelaide/?sf60206074=1

The Mustang was pretty much destroyed, haven't seen how much damage there was on the Javelin, but hopefully it is repairable.
Javelin74 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2017 at 9:48am
Can't seem to keep them Fords from banging up that pretty sheet metal!!  I see the next event isn't for a couple months so hopefully it can get straightened out by then but I imagine Jimmy can't get it dialed in if he's constantly rebuilding the thing every several sessions.
Brad View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2017 at 7:32am
I wonder what intake(s) that one was made from. Notice the welds on the runners. Very cool and gets me pumped up wanting to build one! Also I wonder why they simply wouldn't use a common coil over? Rule thing?  Lots of little details to ponder.....
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2017 at 8:22am
From what I remember it runs a Mopar block with AMC bore and stroke, Indy heads. Suspension has to resemble the factory setup, they have some latitude to move pickup points a little bit. These are best described at tribute cars, they are not historic race cars except for the body, so the rules are pretty flexible.

In some ways I think is has got a little too serious on the racing side and there is a little too much car damage these days. Great for the spectators and TV audience, but never good to see old cars getting smashed up. You would need to lay down at least $100K to run in this series.

Edited by WesternRed - Mar/14/2017 at 8:27am
AMCAMX390 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMCAMX390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/15/2018 at 1:11am
For those fans of the Jim Richards racing humpy down under a bit of an update. The car has been completely rebuilt after its shunt in Adelaide last year. However, the Touring Car Masters is getting very serious, almost take no prisoners type racing and expensive. So Jim has part retired (70+) and has parked the car but will do a few selected races in his Falcon Sprint, including this weekend in Darwin.
Cost to race one of the cars competitively and seriously, closer to $25-30k per meeting.
White70JavelinSST View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/15/2018 at 2:11pm
Peter Schulte and Stockhill Built Racing are constructing a 70 Javelin with AMC power (not a mopar engine) to race in the same series as Richards I believe.
They aren't having any trouble with "parts" like Richards claims.

Here's a couple of photos of the car, there's a bunch more on Facebook about this car
70 Javelin SST, second owner, purchased 1972
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/15/2018 at 5:29pm
They are going to be racing in a smaller state based Trans AM tribute series that is a step down from the national Touring Car Masters series that Richards runs in. Certainly looking forward to seeing this one run though.
asifnyc View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/16/2018 at 1:43pm
anyone know what happened to this one?  was wrecked, wondering if it was ever rebuilt?  I think it's from New Zealand.

asifnyc.com
'74 Jav/'74 Mat Race
'73 Jav/'75 Grm street
'75 Grm, '62 Amer, '70/'71 Jav - projects
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic