TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

360 stroker help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2009 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by poormansMACHINE poormansMACHINE wrote:

Originally posted by Alliups Alliups wrote:

Besides, debate, doubt, argument, and new ideas are all a part of sharing experience.

That's just it. Part of the experience many would not rather share and don't.
Many have a working/proven setup. Then it goes into a debate. The only way it would work is for them to post their setup and then lock it from further comment. Then it's up to the individuals that may be interested in reading it to make their own conclusions and decide for themselves, keeping it to themselves if it's feasible (to them) or not.
That won't happen on the web since there's too many master debaters.
I dont blame them for not sharing either, its their right to decide whether they want to share or not. some people dont like/or dont understand why. well, I have no problem with that. I am on good terms with all the AMC'ers that I have met and I see no reason to be otherwise.Wink
Alliups View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alliups Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2009 at 2:47pm
That is one approach. It's on this forum already. Wouldn't work for me personal but understand it works for some. Actually at some point I can see the value personal- may go that route as an alternative on the Hurst SC thing and then if someone else has something new or different they can create their own thread. But that is a way ways off.
   As to the big boys that have been paid for their expertise- even they differ. When you see the PH Engine Masters Challenge, as an example, the ones at the top take different approaches to reach the challenge goals. If you are saying that a master doesn't want to reveal their secrets- this example not being in that vein, as the winner of the challenge's secrets are subsequently put out.
   I guess what I'm saying, and we all know it has affected me at times as well, which simply means finding out the real reason for suddenly get pissed off- like asking questions-"hey howcome you seem to be such a dic_- or why aren't you answering the question",and so on would help avoid meltdowns. The other obvious point is that of growing thicker skin. If that isn't really the crux then the worry that some people are gonna lose the good points amidst all the second guessing or outright opposition to expert advice withoutthe opposition really having a leg to stand on- yes- that's a factor. But how much greater a factor exists that no one benefits from experience if somedone's background isn't shared at all? I'm not saying anyone has an obligation to share either. If they want to- good- if not- not so good- but their choice- naturally. In the long run though- if you have things to help peop[le- and it's what you do- keep doing it- even through the set-backs- self created or no.  My owe tooTwoCents

He Who Shoots Himself In The Foot ( my American Indian name-LOL )
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic