TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > In The Beginning..........
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

20 Years ago Romney at the AMO Convention

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Concours dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/13/2015 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by CamJam CamJam wrote:

Mr. Romney had a lot of common sense and probably would have made a good president.  I'm not a religious man-- which Romney obviously was-- and do not
subscribe to the notion that religion and morals are mutually exclusive, but if a common-sense man like Romney can keep his religion separate from his politics, he'll get my vote.

The problem with sensible people like George Romney though is that they are often sensible to a fault.  Like Henry Ford, I think Romney failed to see that people often want something more than cheap, practical transportation. " He was smart enough that he probably would have adapted, but I don't think you'd have ever seen something like the Mustang originate under a company run by George Romney.  He deserves credit for the '63 Classic and probably the '64 American, which were attractive, competitive and successful vehicles, but a company cannot profit solely on low-priced products.

The Rambler Rebel was produced under during his reign. 327 V-8, 4 barrel, solid lifters.

Past owned:
62 Classic 400
1976 Hornet
65 440 H
61 Amb
59 Classic wagon
55 Ambassador Sedan
54 Ambassador Country Club
AMCRC #1929
AMO #10029
68-73 amx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68-73 amx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/14/2015 at 1:50am
I was there. First AMC show for me. I wore the t- shirt for 10 years or so. Stinking hot,  even for a PA. boy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic