TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

REVERSING PCV FLOW

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogue_66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2014 at 1:08am
Here's a few pics to clarify. The carb is a 650 Thunder series Edelbrock with a front facing inlet for the PCV valve. The ID of the stock AMC oil filler tube is real close in size to the older "valve cover style" PCV valves used by various manufacturers. The rubber grommet supplied with those PCV valves is listed as 1
.22" OD with an ID of 3/4". The valve cover hole (very similar dimensions as the filler tube) allows the grommet to pop inside the thin wall of the valve cover & seat itself. The problem with the smooth wall oil inlet is there is no lip; so a lip needs to be fabricated on the inside of the tube for the grommet to seat itself. After looking at my stock manifold sitting in the corner; it looks like a few slits folded inside might work. In my case... both the filler tube & the rear piece (piece filter is attached to) are custom machined for fitment.

Beer
Dean

mcjarv View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcjarv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2014 at 11:28am
I looked high and low and never seen a stamped steel breather with a pcv valve inside, must be an early one. The one I used was marked "S6000 PCV Breather" and I was able to use the "valve cover grommet" as was,,,,fit the oil fill pipe perfectly shoved all the way in as I would assume the Earl's mentioned previously would also.

I only mention it because this is a worthwhile modification, I actually think plumbed the stock way it hindered my rings from seating.

Thanks for the followup Beer
Mike

Edited by mcjarv - Oct/26/2014 at 6:52am

1969 S/C Rogueler
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic