TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Suspension, Steering, Brakes & Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Power steering conversion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2014 at 7:08pm
I was going to advertise a set from a 65 American in our next newsletter. If the newsletter doesn't come to our meeting on Wednesday I'll see what it would cost to ship it to Calif. There is a bolt on pulley for the balancer, I think a double pulley for the water pump, a box with Pitman arm and mounting plate, an Eaton pump and brackets, I think a pressure hose and a piece of return hose, but missing the hose protector bracket. All the parts look kind of dirty and rusty but as far as I know still working when removed. 

If you can find someone in a local club to put the word out you may find something nearby. Have you tried Kijiji and Craig's List?
bschlabach View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschlabach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2014 at 10:15pm
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschlabach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2014 at 10:24pm
I have looked around and haven't found anyone with more than one or two parts. I'm really too busy working two jobs to run around and collect what is needed. It sounds like you are just about 100% complete, so "yes", I would definitely be interested. Thanks!
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschlabach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2014 at 10:29pm
Everyone that has the parts needed are from the east coast or Canada, what's up with that? I'm still interested even though the shipping cost will be high. Thanks
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschlabach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2014 at 11:04pm
Thanks, let me know.
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschlabach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2014 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by 2drwgn 2drwgn wrote:

I think I can gather up the ps pump and brackets. I'll look tomorrow. 

Hello 2drwgn: Did you have any luck gathering up the ps pump and brackets? Thanks.
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschlabach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2014 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Wrambler Wrambler wrote:

Originally posted by prostreetamx prostreetamx wrote:

Some Six bangers had the pump on the other side so make sure you get all the parts and hoses for a complete setup. Later stuff also went with metric hoses.

The pump stayed on the passenger side until at least 73. If I could get into my shed in the daytime I would try to see if I have anything to help out with. I don't know exactly what bits and pieces I have.

Hi Wrambler: Any luck rounding up some parts to help me out? Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic