TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > Dealerships - Nash, Hudson, Rambler, AMC, Jeep
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Detroit Area AMC Dealers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PHAT69AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2019 at 3:11pm
Ed Bailey, Inc AMC, top right in the posted picture, which currently looks to be a body shop maybe, is only about 4 miles from the Hurst Building in Ferndale where the '69 Hurst S/S AMX Cars were built
lwarden View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lwarden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2020 at 8:41pm
Hi I had a 69 Rambler SC in Lakeville Michigan in 84 I sold to a nephew of Rinke’s.He said he restored it at the dealership. Just wonder it could be the same car?
PHAT69AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PHAT69AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2020 at 7:08pm
The RINKE AMC JEEP RENAULT dealership was located at
( believed correct, please let me know if it is not )

RINKE AMC JEEP RENAULT
38145 South Gratiot Avenue
Mount Clemens, MI 48036
javelinman74 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javelinman74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2020 at 9:14am
Gross Point AMC was also the first dealership to display the new AMC logo!
Blessings
Richard
www.a70sthingautomobilia.com
It Used To Be an AMC Thing...
     No One Understands!
1982 Eagle SX/4
Daily Drivers since 1995!
sstuart1102 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sstuart1102 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/09/2020 at 7:24pm
I agree! We used too show Horses with the Rinkes Daughter, Mary Margaret. I remember the Brothers, Rob and Rich. Rob used to have a ' 69 Javelin Amx, Rich used too have a '73 and a red '71 with the 401 in it! I always used to ask him to take me for a ride in it, when he picked up his Sister from the barn.
The Rinkes were great, their Dad, Dealer Principle also helped me with a school project because I was studying automotive marketing in school at that time in 1981.
We even bought a 79 Jeep Waggoner from them. Always used to remember the Rinke Brothers...

Edited by sstuart1102 - Jun/09/2020 at 7:27pm
68AMXJoe View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68AMXJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/30/2020 at 1:28pm
I used to go there!
BillyZinTheD View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyZinTheD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2022 at 4:52pm
My Dad bought a New 1984 Jeep Cherokee Chief from Coon Bros. I have been on a search for the vehicle he traded in to get the Jeep. Do you know if they sold trade ins there on the lot or if they had a secondary used car dealership they sold them at? I have been on the search to find both of these vehicles.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic