TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Tool Time tool review and eval area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Beadblast Cabinet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kcsamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2019 at 11:08am
Well done!!!  If that is the 54" one, you can do your axle housing, a dash, even a fender (or most of it) in that unit.  I even blasted my original wheel with the original factory tire on it in the cabinet (didn't want to try to get the hard rubber tire off!)

Make sure you order the inside clear plastic protection shields from TP (somewhat expensive), an extra fan motor/filter, and get the carbide tip for the gun (you won't regret it - the ceramic tips don't last but the carbide goes on forever!)
Kevin Shope
1964 Classic 660
67 Rogue 290-4V 4spd Conv
A-Scheme SC/Rambler (69 SC JOURNEY)
6PakBee View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6PakBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2019 at 11:56am
Thanks, Kevin.  Any and all recommendations are always welcome!
Roger Gazur
1969 'B' Scheme SC/Rambler
1970 RWB 4-spd Machine
1970 Sonic Silver auto AMX

All project cars.

Forum Cockroach
DetroitAMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DetroitAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/17/2019 at 11:43pm

Without question the Skat Blast cabinet is the best.

had one for years
White70JavelinSST View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/18/2019 at 9:38am
Originally posted by kcsamc kcsamc wrote:

Make sure you order the inside clear plastic protection shields from TP (somewhat expensive), an extra fan motor/filter, and get the carbide tip for the gun (you won't regret it - the ceramic tips don't last but the carbide goes on forever!)

I accidentally discovered a great way to get around the expensive clear plastic shields needed to protect the inside of the window. I was purchasing roses for my now ex wife, the florist put them in a clear plastic  wrap. I held it up after she put the roses in a vase and realized it was optically clear.

BONUS !

The flower s got me points withe the wife, ( I thought) and I got an optically clear protector for my blast cabinet. I use the blue 3M masking tape to hold it on, it leaves no residue and stays pretty darn well. I accumulated so many of those wraps that I'm still using them after ten years of being divorced. They last just as long or longer than the ones intended for the cabinet.

the flowers didn't do a dang bit of good for the marriage though......LMBO
70 Javelin SST, second owner, purchased 1972
amxron View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2019 at 8:27pm
Had my Scat Blast since 1983.
The Tip catalog has some great tools and information too.

The new HEPA equipment works great.

A very well run American company.

Ron.
AMXron
Fleet/Jeep Mgr.
Orbit AMC/Jeep
50-1787
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic