TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Molding clips?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Molding clips?
    Posted: Mar/18/2018 at 10:06am
I have a '64 American Wagon with rocker moldings. Posted awhile back asking how to remove those moldings, the answer I got was perfect and was able to get them off without any damage at all. NOW, how do those clips come off? Been staring at them off & on for 2 days, tried gently prying at them but nothing moves. Don't  want to hurt them as i haven't been able to find them, but I need to get to the metal under them. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance!

Perk
Americans, 65 Convertible, 64-65 Wagons, 64 220 2Dr, 66 2Dr Hardtop..... They follow me home!!!
6768rogues View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2018 at 9:16pm
My 68 had big clips with a spot where the center could be pinched with needle nose pliers, releasing it from the mounting hole.
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.
graewolf View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/18/2018 at 10:40pm
Thanks! I seem to have 2 places, 1 on top and 1 on the bottom that kinda look like little square nubs that could, maybe, be squeezed with needle nosed. Will give it a shot. Did you need replacements? Where did you find them? They look similar, I think to something i saw on one of the parts places websites. Those were for Javelin rocker moldings. If I knew what I was doing with this dang computer I'd post a pic of what I got, but when Photobucket got goofy I got lost. Thanks again! Any help with my 'blers is very much appreciated. 

Perk   
Americans, 65 Convertible, 64-65 Wagons, 64 220 2Dr, 66 2Dr Hardtop..... They follow me home!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic