TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Where is Jim Richards and his Javelin in 2018

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where is Jim Richards and his Javelin in 2018
    Posted: Apr/13/2018 at 1:35am
Does anyone know where he is at, and what is the status of his Javelin??
I figured Darren might know since the last time I saw him he was wearing Jim's t-shirt.
Thank you if anyone could answer this question, as over here in California, I haven't been able to find out anything.

g-man
AMC only daily driver
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2018 at 2:41am
I spoke to Jim around the middle of last year at an American car event at Lakeside raceway, Brisbane.
At the time the Javelin was off the road being repaired after a crash.
Jim was saying it would be back on the road for racing at Bathurst in October.

Not sure where its at now ?
Craigie.........

1968 Dodge Charger "Bullitt" tribute
1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2018 at 4:41am
Last report I heard second hand was that he was retiring the new car and possibly himself from racing, he is 70 now. The comment was that he was finding it too difficult to get parts for the car if and when it got damaged. Possibly the car will come up for sale at some stage, but then again it might not. 

It's a great series, but they are pushing the cars really hard now and there is a lot of money involved, which seems to lend itself to a lot of car damage. That's probably ok if you hare running a Camaro of Mustang where everything is available new. There also seems to be a bit of a focus on Aussie cars and they now allow cars up to 1979, which has changed the dynamics a bit.

PS: worst thing of all is that I never got the t-shirt with the new car on it.
AMCAMX390 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMCAMX390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/13/2018 at 7:43pm
Concur with previous comments. He may bring the Falcon Sprint out for two meetings in Vic this year but otherwise it is parked. 
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/14/2018 at 3:41am
Just as well, since you are the source of most of my information Mr AMCAMX390.

g-man View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2018 at 2:35pm
Thanks for responding guys,

Unfortunately that is all rather bad news.
I'm sure that it is pretty difficult to get replacement parts for the car.
However, I just now finally able to watch the Symmons Plains round and it really was not the same as the last time they ran there...with the Javelin absent.
Thanks again,

g-man
AMC only daily driver
AMCAMX390 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMCAMX390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2018 at 6:26pm
I should have added for about $170k (AUD) it could be yours   
Craigie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2018 at 2:27am
I noticed Jimmy Richards in the Muscle car event at Bathurst on the weekend, he was driving the Ford and not the Javelin
Craigie.........

1968 Dodge Charger "Bullitt" tribute
1971 SC/360 Hornet
1973 "Levi" Gremlin
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2018 at 2:34am
Yes, still running the Falcon at selected events I believe.
I've finally given up drinking for good...........now I only drink for evil.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic