TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC 6 Cylinder Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Autoline reman. carb - experience?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Burnished Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2018 at 4:06pm
Autoline is a long-time customer of mine.  Very reputable relationship for decades.

Mostly assembly line production for the rebuilding process as they usually sell only to auto parts chains and other automotive dealers.

Shouldn't have any issues -  if they are going to sell you direct.
Terry

1971 Burnished Brown Javelin/AMX
1971 Mustard Yellow Javelin/AMX
1970 Bayshore Blue AMX
1970 Bittersweet Orange Rebel Machine
1969 Beale Street Blue Javelin SST

6768rogues View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2018 at 4:11pm
I sent the 2bbl. carb from my 232 to Carburetor USA and they rebuilt it. It came back looking and performing like new and I have been running it for 10 years with no problems. They rebuild yours, you do not get one from their shelf. Not cheap, but good.
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.
purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/15/2018 at 7:09pm
I kind of lucked out. I have a 1974 258. The original owner converted it to a manual choke. And it was a joke. It also was missing the fast idle cam and linkage. I got a NOS 1979 YF. (In 79 only the 232 used the YF)... found another YF, it had the fast idle cam and odds and ends, so I put it all back the way it should be. Been driving this car for 3 years and it is reliable... It is not driven very much. Never fails to start and it runs good.
sjaakslinger View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjaakslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2018 at 4:44am
Thanks for all the input. I'm gonna try my luck with the Autoline reman. one. It's a BBD for $190,- on eBay from Autozone, sounds like a good deal.

Dennis
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic