TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > In Memoriam
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

RIP John Elle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2019 at 9:19pm
It speaks well for your Dad that you've come on here to share some of his passion and a bit about his life. I bet he's smiling down from somewhere.

Steve
george w View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2019 at 9:44pm
Stephanie,
Thanks so much for sharing the obit, with us. I'm sure your Dad would be proud that you'll be caring for this cars and through those cars it will be keeping part of him alive as you care for them.
Long time AMC fan. Ambassador 343, AMX 390, Hornet 360, Spirit 304 and Javelin 390. All but javelin bought new.
White70JavelinSST View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White70JavelinSST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2019 at 9:00am
Thanks for thinking of all of us Stephanie, and providing us with John's Obit.
Welcome to the forum.
There are so many things that John helped me with over the years. Without his knowledge,  that he freely shared,  the White70 probably wouldn't have a T5 five speed manual in it. I can't begin to say how much I miss his presence in the AMC world.
70 Javelin SST, second owner, purchased 1972
idrambler View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2019 at 11:54am
R.I.P John....got to meet him in 2002 in Kenosha....really enjoy our chats.....yes he will be missed...
Jim....AMCRC
Treasure Valley AMC Club, Pres
69 AMX 401/727
74 GremlinX 401/727race only
73 Matador 2dr HT 360/727
shootist View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shootist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2019 at 12:51pm
So sorry to hear this news. Prayers with you and your family Stefanie. I am sure John is up there with my dad and the other AMC crowd talking all about the AMC cars they had through the years. Joyous reunion for those that are called home but always missed by those of us who remain. Rest in peace John, we will remember you and think of you often
jpnjim View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpnjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2019 at 2:58pm
Thank you updating us Stefanie.
 Your father was a treasured part of this board and he is truly missed.

He was a fine example of a generation that would rather work hard and do things themselves,
 and he freely shared the wealth of his lifetime of knowledge with all those in need.

There was a great picture of John and Valerie posted by a member here last year,
 in case you didn't see it,
 the thread was started last June by a concerned member:

and the picture posted by the same member in October.

Rest in Peace John and Valerie,
 and thank you Stefanie.

71 P-code 4spd Javelin/AMX
some Jeeps and some Fords
jpnjim View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpnjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2019 at 3:05pm
By the way,

"Hello AMC family!" is a fantastic way to sign on here and introduce yourself Clap    StarStarStarStarStar
71 P-code 4spd Javelin/AMX
some Jeeps and some Fords
1970-Bittersweet View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1970-Bittersweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2019 at 4:35pm
Stefanie here! Logged in with my handle. I'm really enjoying all the memories! Thank you so much for sharing them and the photos. I really appreciate it! Just wanted to say "thank you" to everyone who has posted!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic