TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC 6 Cylinder Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Fuel Economy in Eagle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dodgerammit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2020 at 8:55am
Originally posted by AMXRWB AMXRWB wrote:

What a topic.Where I live you will not drive slow to save gas.Metro area around train tracks that they add more condos every day.If you play games and drive slow they will tailgate,pass you close,pull in front of you and slam on the brakes,turn the high beams on you etc.A new one is they will stab your tires after you park your car.They zoom around you,give you the finger and get to the stop light and play on the phone.And if you can avoid this more stop signs,more stop lights,new one way streets,speed bumps it never stops.Put in things just to slow or stop traffic.My father lives five miles away and at the wrong time of the day it can take 45 min to get to his house.

Having had someone do the brakes in on one of my classics before, I would watch for them and they'd end up in the morgue with a hole in their head. Not kidding. I filed an official complaint with the law enforcement. Someone f***ing with my car is f***ing with my life. I take that s#!+ serious. But then again, I don't live in a metro area and never care to.

Add to this, I also run a dash cam. Brake check me, and I'll turn the video over to the law enforcement. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. I have no time for jerks like this, and will not tolerate it.

Edited by dodgerammit - Apr/02/2020 at 8:59am
84 Grand Wagoneer Garnet Red (mine)360/727/229 44/20
84 AMC Eagle Wagon (Wife's) Deep blue 258/mushbox/129 30/15
dodgerammit View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dodgerammit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/02/2020 at 8:56am
Originally posted by billd billd wrote:

IF your carburetor is well-adjusted, the engine well-tuned, all things just right, EFI won't really increase MPG. The idea with EFI is that you set it, and it's good for as long as things hold out. Not like a carburetor where you have to keep it tuned and adjusted. 
EFI, electronic ignition, all that, is to take the need to tune and adjust out of the equation. It doesn't mean better MPG necessarily. 

Plan for the lights and stops, don't take off like you are tracking reaction times and time to the next light. 
Plan your moves, plan your stops, and keep speed under 60 and you'll do better. These guys driving 4x4s, Jeeps, whatever, they are pushing bricks through the air and expect good MPG at 70+ ???

The only time I see efi increasing fuel economy would be the lack of warm up time needed. it would make a difference there.
84 Grand Wagoneer Garnet Red (mine)360/727/229 44/20
84 AMC Eagle Wagon (Wife's) Deep blue 258/mushbox/129 30/15
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic