TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Greenwich Concours d'Elegance 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greenwich Concours d'Elegance 2018
    Posted: Sep/14/2017 at 8:51am
At this years AMO Nationals in Gettysburg PA I was approached by a member of the selection committee for the Greenwich Concours d'Elegance. He asked if I would be interested in bringing my car to the show in 2018 and gave me his card. I hadn't heard of the show but after looking it up online I see it is one of the most prestigious shows on the East Coast and would definitely by a cool experience attending. I sent in my application yesterday and have already heard back that my car has been accepted! Yes there will be an AMC at one of the fanciest shows in the Nation!!! If you're in that neck of the woods the show is June 1-3 with the American cars being shown/judged on the Saturday. Come on by and say hi!

The host hotel is the Delmar with rooms starting at $389/night...I won't be staying there. The BUFFET dinner Saturday night is $185/plate...I won't be eating there. If you're looking for me I'll be in the parking lot with a pizza and a cooler of beer. LOL

Now I need to start working on my list of stuff to do to the car! I guess the new trailer will get a test on the 5000 mile haul east!
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
Concours dude View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Concours dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2017 at 8:36pm
Holy @#*%^!  Wow, congrats Tony! BIG time Concours!  Try priceline for the Delmar....you never know! 
Past owned:
62 Classic 400
1976 Hornet
65 440 H
61 Amb
59 Classic wagon
55 Ambassador Sedan
54 Ambassador Country Club
AMCRC #1929
AMO #10029
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2017 at 11:25pm
lol thanks! 

I just thought it was cool that an AMC product will be there at such a "significant" show! The entry application doesn't even give Canada as an option. I mentioned this to the show manager and she said I am the first Canadian car they have ever invited! 
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
ADAM12MATADOR View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ADAM12MATADOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2018 at 4:24pm
Congrats on being picked. I was just looking at the show info online. Am 30 minutes away in New York. Concours judging is a killer. Had my ADAM-12 Matador at the Hemmings Concours a couple years ago. Got my a## kicked but had a great time. If i dont see you there, good luck.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2018 at 1:19am
Thanks, I'm excited to be going!

Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
Rizmo View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2018 at 1:03pm
Congrats. I would go , but I doubt they would let me in. If I could at least sneak in the parking lot, maybe I could see your car through the fence!

Charlie
Charlie
SirDigger View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirDigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2018 at 1:55pm
day tickets are 30$ http://www.greenwichconcours.com/visitors/tickets/

Too bad that i´m not in the New England Area at the Time @ Tony

I would drop by and see Peggy in even more Prime Shape along some other less interesting cars.

Isnt JerseyJoe the guy who writes everything IN BIG FONTS from the area?
SirDigger&his german Friends are looking for Parts http://theamcforum.com/forum/the-german-amc-forum-ambassadorsirdigger-needs_topic83570.html
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2018 at 5:11pm
When are you coming over Holger? I'll be hanging around lots the summer...lol
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
SirDigger View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirDigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2018 at 6:31am
This year its Finland... AMC EuroMeet... Maybe 2019 but for sure 2020 for Kenosha.

SirDigger&his german Friends are looking for Parts http://theamcforum.com/forum/the-german-amc-forum-ambassadorsirdigger-needs_topic83570.html
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2018 at 11:16am
Too bad, this years tour includes the Concourse in CT and 3 AMC shows....then the AMO Nationals a few weeks later! Guess we will have to catch up in 2020 in K-town!

Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic