TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Hot Rod Power Tour -- Attending??? - Event Date: Jun/09/2018 - Jun/15/2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wcamp70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2018 at 10:22pm
Great Bruce! We will look for you. See you in Bowling Green!
70 AMX 360 5speed
68 American 401 200r4 auto
AMO #5013
tomj View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2018 at 11:16pm
i'm leaving los angeles on sunday. i'm passing through santa fe NM, visiting friends there, then will head out 6 june wed. i plan on driving through NE new mexico through the OK panhandle, sticking to highways 64, 412, 60 as much as possible and off the inevitable interstates.

1960 Rambler Super two-door wagon, OHV auto
1961 Roadster American, 195.6 OHV, T5
http://www.ramblerLore.com

dkrtgood View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkrtgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2018 at 9:01pm
Doing the full tour, 70 BBO Donohue
Connected with a few facebook people that are bringing AMC's also

Guy in Texas with Rebel Machine, a rebel wagon and a couple 71-4 Javelins

I will PM you my info

We are leaving Tampa Thursday night to get into BG by hotel check in Friday
Dave Goodwin
President of Tampa Bay AMC

70 Mark Donohue BBO 390 5-speed
77 Matador Coupe AKA "The Beave"
70 Javelin 360 / Auto - BBG

dkrtgood View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dkrtgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2018 at 9:04pm
I had posted on the power tour facebook page, we are doing full tour (Gold) come find the BBO Donohue and come say hi and pick up a free AMC decal for your car!
Dave Goodwin
President of Tampa Bay AMC

70 Mark Donohue BBO 390 5-speed
77 Matador Coupe AKA "The Beave"
70 Javelin 360 / Auto - BBG

wcamp70 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wcamp70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2018 at 8:04am
Great. We will see you along the way. We met a few years ago at the Atlanta regional. Talked with you about the t5 conversion. Finally got ours finished and trying it out on this trip.

Jeff and Lynn.   770-595-6165

Edited by wcamp70 - Jun/07/2018 at 8:14pm
70 AMX 360 5speed
AMO #5013
wcamp70 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wcamp70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/08/2018 at 3:46pm
Leaving Atlanta early AM Saturday heading north on I75.
Safe travels to all who are coming.
70 AMX 360 5speed
AMO #5013
wcamp70 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wcamp70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/16/2018 at 6:10pm
Completed the entire tour in the amx! 2100 miles. Met many amc'ers along the way. Pics to come, still recovering from the long trip!
70 AMX 360 5speed
AMO #5013
Bruce Clarkson View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Clarkson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2018 at 7:16am
Wife and I had a great time. The yellow Ambassador had no problem. A great event. Well worth doing.

Bruce Clarkson
Bruce Clarkson
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2018 at 8:50pm
I attended Darlington and was going to attend Charlotte -- paid for it! BUT... as I was leaving a gas station about 15 miles from home I bumped a curb. Saw I was going to hit it, and instead of backing up a bit and going on decided to just ease up on it. That was fine, but coming off the tire hit hard. Wouldn't think that would bend anything, but it did! Knocked the alignment out enough that it was hard to steer straight... too hard to make an hour and 45 minute trip. So I nursed it home and found a bent control arm.

I cobbled together a rack and pinion system for this car when I built it in 2003, and had to fabricate new steering arms to match the rack and pinion setup. About 2008 I had an issue with a steering arm bending after hitting a curb hard (by accident). I took both arms off and reinforced them. There is an inherent weak spot where the arm has to be notched to fit around the steering knuckle. That is where it bent this time as well. Took the obviously bent side off and welded and added reinforcement. Toe in still isn't quite right, which makes me wonder if the other side is bent some as well. Will take it off later and find out. This is the risk/problem with fabricated components, you sometimes don't know if they are strong enough until pushed to the limit. Same as a drag car -- add power until something breaks, then replace (or repair) with something stronger, only to find the next weak point...
Frank Swygert
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/18/2018 at 5:06am
Oh, in case someone thinks the arm probably bent on front impact... it couldn't have. It was the right front tire that hit, slowly at an angle. Apparently I have the arms reinforced enough for an anticipated front edge hit, but not from the rear outer edge! Toe change was OUT -- would have been IN had it bent on impact. The clearance notch is on the inside... which is the weaker side, so that makes sense also. Bent at the notch.
Frank Swygert
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic