TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Suspension, Steering, Brakes & Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Independent Front Suspension

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tufcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/20/2018 at 10:05pm
Al (the owner) is a member of this forum.  He stops by from time to time.  I bought one of his first batch of small body kits, and I did a rack/pinion delete because I wanted to use a power rack, which he didn't offer at the time.  He and I talked several times before and after I ordered the kit.  He always has time to talk cars.  He truly is interested in the hobby.

Bob
tufcj
69 AMX
74 Javelin AMX
67 Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
you'll eventually pay for it...
and not have it.
Henry Ford
dapalong View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dapalong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2018 at 2:34pm
Those who have installed the CF IFS and rear suspensions - can you post some pictures of your cars?  I'm wanting to see what the stance looks like, and haven't seen many pics out there.  

Thanks!
Mike
69 Javelin
Scrapdaddy Sr. View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrapdaddy Sr. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2018 at 11:12am
I have both the front and rear Control Freaks set up on my 73 Hornet X.
I will attempt to post a few pics on here.
Ok, cannot post to this thread at this time.
I will try from my computer at home later today.
Been driving with CF suspension for at least 5 years now and NO Issues so far. The suspension parts are well built a I recently hit a deer laying in the road recently.
The Hornet has been daily driven for a year now with no issues with the suspension. I'm running the manual steering rack in IFS front and four link in the rear with a modded 8.8 Explorer rear. Currently running a 425 hp 4.8 with 6speed. No issues with the motor mounts and/or crossmember. We run the Hornet hard and the suspension has taken all of the abuse. Will get you some pictures soon.
dapalong View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dapalong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/12/2018 at 6:16am
Would love to see those pics, and thanks for the feedback. My CF stuff should be here in a few weeks, then it'll be on to wheel fitment, and spec'ing a rear end.  Are you running a T-56?  

Mike
Scrapdaddy Sr. View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrapdaddy Sr. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2018 at 6:02pm
I have a build thread in the Frankenrambler section.
"LSX install in 73 Hornet"
With several photos of the build with the Control Freaks front IFS and 4 link rear set up. My Hornet is my Daily Driver and the CF suspensions are tough and hold up well. Ran over a dear laying in the road recently and no issues with the suspension with exception of a wheel bearing failing on the Stainless Steel hubs. I'm currently running an iron block 5.3 with a T56 transmission. also running a Ford Explorer 8.8 rear end assembly. We have the Flaming River "manual" steering rack currently. If you do go with the IFS set up i would suggest a power assist rack system. Daily with a manual rack is a work out to say the least.
InRogue View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InRogue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/29/2018 at 8:18pm
Getting ready to install my coil over package from Michael @ Dairyland Fabrication, I'll let you all know how it works out.
Always roll with the correct damper crown, a generous helping of flex tandems and a pocket full of brass fitting nickel slits.
motorhead_1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motorhead_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/29/2018 at 11:50pm

control freak front and rear. the front sits lower now ride height is adjustable. i'm looking for a newer pic. 
69 SC/Rambler tribute 401/th400, 68 Rebel SST LSA, 66 F100 460/c6, 88 Merkur Xr4Ti, 71 Jaguar XJ6 LS1, 08 Supercharged Tundra
motorhead_1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motorhead_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/30/2018 at 12:04am
found this. wouldn't let me add more pics

69 SC/Rambler tribute 401/th400, 68 Rebel SST LSA, 66 F100 460/c6, 88 Merkur Xr4Ti, 71 Jaguar XJ6 LS1, 08 Supercharged Tundra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic