TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > In Memoriam
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Linda Mitchell has passed away

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Linda Mitchell has passed away
    Posted: Nov/06/2018 at 3:33pm
Barely a month since her husband Larry Mitchell, founder of The Classic AMX Club International and the American Motorsport Club was killed in a terrible auto accident, Linda has passed away from a heart attack at their home in Kanab, Ut. Linda was recuperating from the accident. Nadine, her sister, was staying with her during the recuperation.
This is all I know at this time. Rest in Peace Linda and Larry.
Long time AMC fan. Ambassador 343, AMX 390, Hornet 360, Spirit 304 and Javelin 390. All but javelin bought new.
ramblinrev View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblinrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2018 at 4:14pm
That's sad news for the AMC hobby. Such a close and memorable couple, though are together again!
74 Hornet Hatchback X twins (since 1977)
62 American Convertible (still worth the $50 I spent in 1973!) AMCRC #513, AMO #384
70 AMX 360 4-speed (since 1981)
Devilboy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devilboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2018 at 4:35pm
Rest in peace Linda...
Jeremy
AMCRC #10059
AMO #10906
1965 American 330
idrambler View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2018 at 4:37pm
Really sorry to hear that....met her in 1999 at the AMC car show...R.I.P Linda.....
Jim....AMCRC
Treasure Valley AMC Club, Pres
69 AMX 401/727
74 GremlinX 401/727race only
73 Matador 2dr HT 360/727
jpnjim View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpnjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2018 at 4:45pm
Rest in Peace Larry and Linda Mitchell Cry

71 P-code 4spd Javelin/AMX
some Jeeps and some Fords
javelinman74 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javelinman74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2018 at 6:07pm
No, how sad is that. prayers for the family theirs and AMC.  Such great people.  Do wonder if it was accident related.  wow Broken HeartBlessings
Richard

www.a70sthingautomobilia.com
It Used To Be an AMC Thing...
     No One Understands!
1982 Eagle SX/4
Daily Drivers since 1995!
Slate View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2018 at 7:53pm
May they both rest peacefully.
Ram Air Rick View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ram Air Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2018 at 8:22pm
 Just seeing this and very sad to learn.

I knew Linda well enough to know that she was a fun, dynamic and witty lady. She was always kind and warm to my wife and I.

Rest In Peace Linda 

Rich Corsello 
mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2018 at 6:34pm
I made each with Larry several years ago. But Linda was always a sweet heart. LRDaum
LRDaum
ronte View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/02/2018 at 11:21am
Update as told to me by Linda's brother.

Linda and sister were in Flagstaff to get the casts removed.   The one on the hand was removed and the hand was healed as good as it ever would be.  The foot cast was to be removed the next day.  The two were returning to the motel.  Walking into the room Linda said she felt dizzy, fell to the floor and died.  Medical staff worked on her for a while, but to no avail.

Ron
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic