TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > Dealerships - Nash, Hudson, Rambler, AMC, Jeep > Dealership Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Lost Dealership Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 44>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buzzman72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2017 at 2:54pm

From my family's dealership...

Edited by Buzzman72 - Mar/22/2017 at 2:58pm
Buzzman72...void where prohibited, your mileage may vary, objects in mirror may be closer than they appear, and alcohol may intensify any side effects.
fireball327 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fireball327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2017 at 11:00pm
I have the vertical 8 ft service sign that was at the dealership I worked at  in the 70's and 80's Stahls' AMC/JEEP Derby Ct. It was there from 1971 until 2011 still on the drive way entrance when my wife got it for my birthday! I still have the original bill of sale from my parents 58 cross country wagon that I came home from the hospital in.
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/05/2017 at 6:33am
Another one to be added:

My father owned a Rambler dealership in Toronto as follows:

Grande Rambler Limited Toronto (1962-66)
1380 Eglinton Ave. West
Toronto, Ontario
416 789-2994

Owner principal:  Jule Nusbaum

Please add it to your list and feel free to contact me if you need anything else.

Thanks,
Steve

Stephen Nusbaum
President
PSN Uniform
53 Golf Links Dr.
Aurora ON L4G 3V4
416 587-3252

Frank Swygert
CornFed Rebel View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CornFed Rebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2017 at 1:19am
Originally posted by billd billd wrote:

Charter's Inc. West Willis Avenue, Perry, Iowa 
They were a Rambler/AMC dealer in the 50's and 60's
I have tags from parts that show the dealer number, etc. for Charter's
That's where I used to work.

Does anyone have any information about Charter's Inc.? Old photos, dealer emblems, etc? I grew up in Perry, and I've been trying to collect information about the town. 

I also know that in the '70s-80s there was a Ford/Lincoln/Mercury/AMC/Jeep/Renault dealer in Perry called Terry's. Does anyone have any information about it too? 

Thanks in advance!
1969 Rebel SST - 232/Borg-Warner 3spd auto/3.15
1970 Chevrolet C20 - 250/SM465/4.11
1999 Chevrolet K1500 - 5.0/4L60E/4x4
1995 Chevy C2500 - 5.7/4L80E/4.10
1973 John Deere 110 -Kohler/4spd/38" deck
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2017 at 6:12am
If you have the dealer number and other info lease post it also. A photo of the warranty card or dealer tag would be nice, or if you've located a photo of the dealership or an old newspaper ad. You might check the local library and see if they have old local papers on file or an electronic copy.
Frank Swygert
theamcguy View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theamcguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2017 at 7:24am
Looking for any info or memorabilia from RE Jahn Rambler in North Hills PA (just north of Pittsburgh)
Bill Strobel
Fayetteville, NC
1967 Rebel SST
1969 SC/Rambler
1972 Hornet Sportabout
1976 Matador Brougham
AMCRC. AMCWC, AMO, NAMDRA

scott View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2017 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by theamcguy theamcguy wrote:

Looking for any info or memorabilia from RE Jahn Rambler in North Hills PA (just north of Pittsburgh)

RE Jahn is still around as a used car dealership, but in a different location. http://rejahn.com/  Might be worth contacting them.

I've heard RE Jahn was on McKnight Rd in North Hills. I've never been able to pin down the exact location. So much has changed in the stretch of McKnight they were supposed to be in I doubt anything still exists of the original building.

I do have some new car paperwork from the AMC dealer a little further down McKnight, Northview AMC. And I found a plate frame from the close by AMC dealer in West View, Heil's AMC.
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2017 at 5:31pm

Had lunch on Tuesday with an old business associate from a few years ago and happened to mention that I had a couple AMCs I was restoring.  His name is Dick Kessler, and it turns out his dad owned Kessler Rambler in Rochester NY. If you are interested in getting more information from him PM me and I'll see if there's anything he can pass along.
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

Buzzman72 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buzzman72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2018 at 4:46pm
Found a 1958 photo of my family's dealership, N. T. Knight & Son of Corydon, Indiana. 
Buzzman72...void where prohibited, your mileage may vary, objects in mirror may be closer than they appear, and alcohol may intensify any side effects.
81eagle88 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81eagle88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2018 at 11:20am
Have some questions on a dealership in Ivoryton, Ct, Town & Country Auto Sales Inc. My 1988 AMC Eagle was sold Feb 13, 1988. The location was 7 Main St. 06442. Dealer number X 977 (NY Zone Elmsford, NY) The vehicle was financed thru Toyota Finance?    Was this aToyota Dealer/ multiple make, etc? Is it still in business?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 44>
  Share Topic