TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Mad max is alive again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2015 at 4:14am
Hi Doug and Faye. Was great to meet you guys the other week. Everyone I have spoken to really enjoyed looking through your photo album of the AMX's and Javelin's you have. Hope the cyclone heading NZ way that weekend buggered off and left your AMX stash alone. How is the Mad Max AMX going? Sorry we couldn't get any Australian AMX cars, or other Aussie AMX owners, to the show but Allan Briggs and John Carson's US AMX's were a great addition to the show and overall I hope you had a good time in Albury/Wodonga and at the 2nd annual AMC/Rambler get-together. We really appreciated having you there. Thanks, Jason Smile 
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2015 at 12:26pm
Hi Jason. Was a nice time over there , good to get away and look at other amc and to meat you and the others.lots of nice mopars too . The storm did not much damage at all and everything was good . But we did get home running as we had three car shows to get ready for over the following weeks ahead so didn't get much done on MAD MAX . But yesterday got the rearend out and all apart for painting and new rubber bushes ready to go in.it was all covered in 30+ years of thick dust , to bad the colour was wrong as it was as good as the day it was painted. The Crome suspension did not make it as it will have to be redone. I did take some pics so will post some soon.        Thanks again Jason
Mad max # 15
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2015 at 3:58am
Hi guys here is what I got up to yesterday . I ripped out the rearend and disasembled it and think I will dust off 30 + years of dust and dirt and see what needs attention . All looks to be good but the crome  and I think i will recrome what our mate has done in the past and paint the rest black rather than the brown . The underside is already black and is as good as the day it was painted so do not need to touch up . The wiring on the other hand needs to be looked at a bit more and cleaned up , It is all a bit diffrent than the American ones that I am used to but I can understand it still , it makes me LOL but it will work . I will see if I can lay it all in on Sunday . So here are some pics

Tongue

Mad max # 15
mick gill View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mick gill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2015 at 4:12am
Did anyone see the a** end of the Hornet in the opening sequences of MM1 last night?
Just before the caravan gets splintered.
Looks like an early one.
71 Matador 360/Auto
77 HZ One Tonner 350/T400
wsw View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2015 at 6:53am
I saw that. If you look close, the rear plate is above the bumper so it's a later one.
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2015 at 5:02am
Hey there (70hornet ) Jason , have you seen the write up on the myth of the mad max amx in the Australian Muscle car mag issue 80 and just wondering were Sam Costanzo has got his info from , you wouldn't know anything about this or who this Sam is ! Like I said before it does not worry me if it is true or not but this interests me all the same as it is a car that is talked about a lot . On other things a mate of mine who is an american has been chasing down some engine parts out of the states and got the interests of a big high performance parts outlet over there and may like to do a promo on the car , interesting isn't it , I will let you know how that go's . The car is slow at the moment , lots on my plate at this time but got lots of pics to send later . How about you these days                   Doug
Mad max # 15
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2015 at 6:05am
Hi Doug. I have been pretty quiet on the AMC/car front since the show as me and my wife were out of work (after previously being in some long term jobs) and a bit lost for a few months but my wife landed herself a great job a couple of weeks ago and I have been doing some Woolworths On-line grocery delivering on weekends which I have really been enjoying so looks like everything getting back on track. In regards to the Australian Muscle Car mag I havn't emailed with these guys since before the show in march. What was the article about? (I don't usually buy car magazines unless something really interests me or has something of mine in it) The only info I have given them regarding any of the Australian AMX's is from this forum as I send them links to the pages. Was it a negative story? I havn't heard the name Sam Costanzo before. I email only with Luke West and James Cockington but nearly all info I give them is from the forum or contacts ie Colin Main from the Australian Rambler club, or an owner of a car etc. PM me if you want to have a chat.

Can't wait to see the Mad Max AMX finished. It will be a very popular car. There will be plenty of people wanting to do articles on that car for sure. Not only is it one of the rare Aussie 24 but it is an MFP replica with an interesting story behind it and whether true or not just adds to the mythical status of the car. Will be awesome Smile 

I saw the new Mad Max last night. Was OK and the action is non stop. What did other people think? I was really hoping Max would get his coupe back somewhere throughout the movie. That would have been some icing on the cake I reckon.

Talking of AMC's in magazines apparently there is a little picture and mention of the little NASH Metropolitan in the latest Street Machine

Hope everyone is well out in AMC land and as usual I can't wait to get past winter

What is winter in NZ like Doug?

Jason (70Hornet) Smile
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2015 at 12:15am
Sorry Jason for not having got back to you right away, lots on the go. Will see if Colin has heard of this fellow and what is behind this story , interesting stuff. Winter is setting in and thinking we might book tickets back to Canada for a month or so and see some car shows , friends and family but some how it might not be that easy to get far from the cars this year. I just about got my sons javelin finished and my daughters javelin painted but yet to put back together plus the mad max so who knows . hay loved the car show over there and might get to the next one to see some of the 24s   keep in touch       Doug
Mad max # 15
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/07/2015 at 5:06am
Yeah I hope we can get Ray Sprague to bring his #24 next year and Andrew Tucks #3. Plus Garry Murphy sounded keen last time I talked to him to bring his #22 down towed on a trailer behind a Javelin which would be a sight to see.
I might go down to the newsagent during week and have a look at the article in Australian Muscle cars mag.
Canada sounds fun. Take plenty of car pics if you do Smile
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/23/2015 at 5:07pm
Hi Doug. I went down to the newsagent last week but the Australian Muscle Car Magazine in question is the previous issue. I would be interested to read the article. Are you able to email me a scanned copy of the article. Jason Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic