TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Mad max is alive again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2015 at 3:23am
Good day Jason I will get Faye on to it tomorrow. Still haven't got intuch with Colin yet but maybe on the weekend.
Ok see how we do tomorrow
Doug
Mad max # 15
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/27/2015 at 3:34am
Jason, here is the write up in the Australian Muscle Car Magazine issue 80.
Hope you can read this clearly.
Have a look in the "What did you do on your AMC today?"
And see what I got up to (bad boy).
Ouch !!!!

Dead
Mad max # 15
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/10/2015 at 9:31pm
There is a really good 9 page article on the one and only pink Playmate AMX in this months Unique Cars magazine. (issue 377 July2, 2015). Interesting history and sounds like only a couple of years ago it could have been anyone's if we were in the right place at the right time.

I cant actually read that article from the AMC magazine above so I will PM my email and would love to have a read. Thanks, jason 
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/20/2017 at 5:13pm
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2017 at 2:30pm
Thanks Darren for putting up the link for the MADMAX first run , it was just the third start up and was happy with how it runs .the motor has been sitting around awhile and the back crank seal weeps a bit and hope it stops on its own. Just needs carpets and dash to finish and bonnet to paint all stuff I am waiting for my mates to do . Exhaust pipes go in next week and go stainless or not and to the back or out the side . Its a 360 motor in right now just to get its WOF and rego then I will put in a 390 fuel injected with a pro charger which is up in Auckland been put together and should have it back by Easter , Summitracing has donated a lot of motor parts and to get this right is a big thing , I Am interested in how you get on with your fuel injection as mine should be some what the same . Thanks again.     Doug

Home of the MAD MAX AMX
Mad max # 15
XRX744 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XRX744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/27/2017 at 4:00pm
Its the ducks guts!! 

Congrats on getting it back to life.
69 AMX, pro touring /track car, TEAM tribute, aka: "The Kenosha Corncob"
ozziamc View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozziamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2018 at 6:21am
anyone got a link to the article in Australian Muscle car mag issue 80 on the madmax AMX cant quite read the one above. My old mechanic worked at Hendon studios way back then.

74 hornet hatch

69 AMX 3 of 24 AMI build

75 sportabout

81 Concord

all Right Hand Drive
XRX744 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XRX744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/06/2018 at 8:39pm
Any updates on this AMX?

69 AMX, pro touring /track car, TEAM tribute, aka: "The Kenosha Corncob"
Amx nz View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amx nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2018 at 10:13am
The mad max is in slow progress but still moving along . Going in for the new carpets seats and parts of the dash to be fitted by the end of the month so hope to have some pics next month
Mad max # 15
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2018 at 5:02am
Can't be as slow progress as my Hornet is Smile Winter almost over so hopefully i get some enthusiastic time with the nicer spring weather. Oh and hopefully some spring money too Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic