TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Ollie's 69 Rambler Sedan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 58>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/20/2018 at 6:02pm
I think the 3/8 would be okay. Most of today's vehicles use m10. It probably will be fine without the pulley, but I like having piece of mine. Guess you won't know till you try.
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2018 at 8:19am
Making big progress on the serpentine system. 

I do believe I have it correct now. I see where the plate went that i could not figure out before. It was the plate used to mount a idler pulley in lew of the smog pump. I was able to remove the plate i fabricated for the idler pulley. 

I had to fabricate some bolt hardware that really stiffened up the mounting plate. I used 3/8" bolts to match the intake manifold threads.

I have all my accessories finished up now. Fabed up a bracket for my fuel pressure regulator and make a fuel line.

I need to pull the oil dip stick and put the one from the 199 in. This one will not clear the HEI dizzy.

I want to add a special thanks to Patrick, 232jav3sp, for all his helpful information about idler pulleys.
After a trip to Pull-A-Part I got the proper hardware. 

I made a really big score at Pull-A-Part. We were looking for seats and i really like the Sebring Convertible seats that we have in The Rambler. I had found a set in a Dodge 1500 pick-up that i liked. I was heading back that way when my wife hollered out "Ollie, come here, look what i found!"

We are doing the interior in black and white. What a match!! They are manual, but have adj seat bottoms, adjustable lumbar, and the backs move all the way forward for rear seat entry. Came out of a Nissan Versa. Saved $500 in upholstery work !!!!

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie

1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
Devilboy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devilboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2018 at 8:46am
Looking good Ollie! Nice score. Good eye Teresa!
Jeremy
AMCRC #10059
AMO #10906
1965 American 330
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/05/2018 at 9:18am

Got The 69 moved in the shop and up on the lift. 

Got in contact with Brent at Fatman Fabrications and Thomas owner of TJ and Hollies Rod Shop. Thomas is going to do the front end installation. A bit to much for me. Brent sent Thomas directions on how to make the front end measurements. I want the two guys actually doing the work to speak to each other. They will make all the measurements before I  pull the motor and trans.

Pulled the fuel tank and it was 1/2 full of fuel. I was totally shocked that the fuel sending unit is 100% intact and working correctly. Guess being submerged in the fuel saved it.

This is the empty ohms reading. The unit cleaned up great with paint thinner, best thing i know of to get the fuel residue off anything. 

Checked the float overnight for holes. Here it is submerged  in water.

Just checked it this morning. Still in the same place. No holes.

Edited by Ollie - Nov/07/2018 at 5:13pm
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/07/2018 at 5:16pm
Just found out that the 2 core radiator in the 83 Concord is a direct bolt in The 69. 
What a deal !! Its a new radiator. Shroud and 2 electric fans and i will be AC ready. 

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2018 at 6:52am
Throughout the 60s and 70s AMC used basically one size radiator core, as in width and height. Tanks were even the same on most. The main variance was the thickness of the core and the front/back offset of the side mounts. you can generally fit any AMC radiator in any car just by changing or altering (usually drilling new mount holes) the side mounts. There are probably some exceptions -- one being full size Jeeps. I have a FSJ three core radiator in my 63 Classic. Just had to change the mount hole locations in the side mounts, but found that the Jeep radiator is about 1.5" taller than car radiators. IIRC CJ radiators are car size, just the FSJ radiators are taller. Had to make a mod to the body under the radiator to fit it in, but it wasn't much. Have a write-up on it in member projects.
Frank Swygert
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/20/2018 at 7:41pm
Progress has been slow on The 69. 

Been busy Car Showing. Went to the Florida Mopar Show in Ocala, FL. We had 17 AMC"s in attendance. Had a great time and winning First Place for AMC's was a real surprise and thrill. The next weekend we attended the Winter Rod Run in Jasper, Texas. A great way to end the 2018 Show Car Season. Put 1900 trouble free miles on The Rambler in two weekends. 

Now I am ready to hit the 69 full steam ahead. I did get the radiator fixed up. I took it to the Radiator Shop. He found a crack by the transmission line fitting. I may have cracked it removing it. Anyway he beefed up the fittings both sides. Also put in a brass drain plug.

Looks as if at some point something was dropped on it and bent the fins a bit. Got the shroud and 2 900 CFM Spal fans done.

Thomas my Rod Shop owner came and measured the front end. Spoke with Brent, owner of Fatman Fabrications and we are all set up for a Stage III front end. Should be in the Rod Shop in about 2-3 weeks. http://www.fatmanfab.com/product/hub-to-hub-kits-stages

With all the measurements completed I am ready to pull the engine and trans tomorrow.

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie

Edited by Ollie - Nov/21/2018 at 6:04am
Hurley View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2018 at 10:26am
Ollie, with the Versa seats, what seatbelt arrangement are you considering?
67 Rambler American - "The Golden Girl"

Mopar_guy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mopar_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2018 at 2:38pm
WooHoo! Now you're rolling on this project! Big smile LOL

"Hemilina" My 1973, 5.7 Hemi swapped Javelin
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2018 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by Hurley Hurley wrote:

Ollie, with the Versa seats, what seatbelt arrangement are you considering?

I am going with a lap & shoulder.

I will do business with Seat Belts Plus. I bought belts for Rapid Delivery (my Postal Jeep)  from them and they have quality stuff. 

I have the end that goes into the buckle and i will send it to them to sew into the shoulder belt. 

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 58>
  Share Topic