TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Patinum Seat covers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbad69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/01/2018 at 4:04pm
When I recovered my seats in 2001, Legendary did not do the plaid cloth inserts. At the time, I approached them about adding to their catalogue, and initially they seemed responsive, but I guess they couldn't make the business case. It appears they still do not do the cloth inserts. Your options are SMS or good used for the insert material. I was able to find good used for the buckets, and was able to re-use the inserts in the back seat. I had all the vinyl replaced and the inserts sewn in locally.
69 Javelin SST BBO 390 T10
Goatman View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2018 at 8:06am
Next to impossible to find good used ones, I am sure.

Edited by Goatman - Jan/02/2018 at 8:19am
Goatman View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/02/2018 at 5:21pm
SMS seat, door panels and carpet is $2340 and need old seat covers to match.
bigbad69 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbad69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2018 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Goatman Goatman wrote:

Next to impossible to find good used ones, I am sure.
Back seats get less wear. The cloth inserts were in good shape on my back seat, so I reused them. I located used inserts from a somewhat local guy who also had a good back seat, but decided to replace all the inserts with non OEM.

I had all the vinyl replaced and the inserts provided were sewn in by a somewhat local auto upholsterer. I spent about half what SMS quoted you for seat covers, door panels, and carpet, but I wasn't dealing with a platinum interior either.
george w View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2018 at 8:16pm
Get the door panels from Legendary and the carpet from one of the AMC vendors. You may have to settle for the all vinyl Ventilair covers from Legendary or get the Legendary covers, find enough of the plaid fabric and have a local upholsterer sew in the fabric centers. I suspect this would be a rather expensive proposition.
Long time AMC fan. Ambassador 343, AMX 390, Hornet 360, Spirit 304 and Javelin 390. All but javelin bought new.
Goatman View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2018 at 6:56pm
k, thanks
Goatman View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2018 at 3:25pm
Got the car home. I am trying to post pictures of the seats, but I can't.
bigbad69 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbad69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2018 at 5:30pm
You need to host the pictures and link to them. You don't have enough posts to upload to this site (yet), so you need to make a bunch more posts, or find an alternate hosting site. Photobucket used to be the go to place, but they have destroyed many online chat rooms, including this one.
Goatman View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2018 at 5:50pm
Goatman View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/05/2018 at 5:52pm
How many post do I need?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic