Print Page | Close Window

Need Parts Call JEGS

Printed From: TheAMCForum.com
Category: Competition
Forum Name: Jeeps and Eagle 4x4 fun.
Forum Description: Rock crawling events or results, Muddin' it through the riverbed with your Eagle
URL: https://theamcforum.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=95227
Printed Date: Mar/29/2024 at 2:45am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Need Parts Call JEGS
Posted By: AMC RICK 401
Subject: Need Parts Call JEGS
Date Posted: Jul/11/2018 at 8:18am
I am working for Jegs now trying to help grow the Truck & Jeep Market.
we are expanding Jeep offerings. Please let us know how we can help you or what brands you would like us to provide.
call 800-345-4545

-------------
1969 SC Rambler
1974 Jeep CJ5 Dirt/Sand Drag Racer w/401 TH400
Tube Chassis Dirt/Sand Drag Racer w/401 Powerglide
"We are not here for a long time but we are here for a good time"

Replies:
Posted By: SC397
Date Posted: Aug/13/2018 at 7:09am
I think Summit or Jegs would sell more AMC/Jeep stuff if they would just list it in the catalogue.

Posted By: AMC RICK 401
Date Posted: Aug/13/2018 at 9:56am
I am doing my best to improve that along with Jeep products.

-------------
1969 SC Rambler
1974 Jeep CJ5 Dirt/Sand Drag Racer w/401 TH400
Tube Chassis Dirt/Sand Drag Racer w/401 Powerglide
"We are not here for a long time but we are here for a good time"

Posted By: 6768rogues
Date Posted: Aug/13/2018 at 3:44pm
Many vendors have given up on parts for older Jeeps, like my CJ3b. What I usually find are parts for modern Jeeps, and most of those parts are bolt on stuff that makes them look cool to the people who think bolt on stuff looks cool, but never use their Jeep off road. Those accessories are where the money is, so that is what I find when I look.

-------------
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.

Posted By: Softbuster
Date Posted: Oct/05/2018 at 7:24pm
Well first you have some stiff competition from long time jeep companies.
But when people hear Jegs, they instantly think performance parts.
so Develop a list of performance bolt on parts for jeeps, plus service and wear parts + new tech for the older jeeps.   Not much can be done for the 4cyl jeeps except to swap for a chevy v8, but you might convince a few guys to bolt on a turbo or small supercharger to their 4.0 L.  Include some hard to find parts, like a 4bbl intake for a 4.2L, and shorty header so guys dont have to change their whole exhaust for a long tube header.  Also high flow water pumps with high quality bearings, and some cams for the 6 cyl.  Uncommon things that make a jeep work better?  plus some slap on parts that make the jeep look cool.

Posted By: fhpdave
Date Posted: Dec/09/2018 at 9:46pm
Jegs is great to work with. I bought an Isky cam for my Eagle from them on-line, and wound up ordering the wrong one. Call the 800 number to return it, and the gal on the phone was very helpful and suggested since I live in Ohio, I could return/exchange it at the store which I did. They refunded 100 percent of what I paid including the shipping fee, and I wound up buying a comp cam from them which was 40 dollars cheaper!

-------------
Old enough to know better - young enough not to care

Posted By: 1985AMCEagle
Date Posted: Mar/11/2021 at 6:07pm
Any chance they will offer once piece axle kits for the AMC20 that came in the Eagles? Rear disc conversion? 
Thanks,
Taylor

Posted By: Heavy 488
Date Posted: Mar/11/2021 at 6:37pm
When did they ever put a 20 in an Eagle?

Posted By: XJ6
Date Posted: Mar/11/2021 at 6:40pm
I stopped ordering from Jegs when they went to a $150 minimum for free shipping.

Posted By: sweatlock
Date Posted: Mar/11/2021 at 7:41pm
Jegs and Summit sell AMC parts? 

Posted By: WesternRed
Date Posted: Mar/11/2021 at 9:08pm
I've used Jegs a bit, with international shipping sometimes it is cheaper to buy via their eBay store rather than direct as you get access to the eBay Global Shipping option. Generally Summit is a little cheaper than Jegs on international shipping.   

-------------
I've finally given up drinking for good...........now I only drink for evil.

Posted By: 1985AMCEagle
Date Posted: Mar/12/2021 at 1:44pm
I quite possibly am wrong. Just thought it was a model20 axle that came on the rear of a Eagle. Or is it a AMC15?
I could have read incorrect information.

Posted By: 6768rogues
Date Posted: Mar/12/2021 at 3:20pm
Summit ships free for a $99 order, Jegs is free for a $169 order. That is why I go to Summit first.

-------------
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.

Posted By: tomj
Date Posted: Jan/23/2022 at 10:52pm
Summit, Jegs, Speedway. They're all reputable, but Summit has BY FAR the best search engine. It's incredibly detailed and thorough. I can do actual parts research on it. 

TO be honest, I like Jegs, but the ability to search just sucks. It's a tall order -- good database design and and good indexing. I can't imagine how much work that is. 

(The best search engine, the most amazing parametric search I've ever used, is digikey.com, for electronic parts. You can stack up a hundred parameters; group them; filter and rearrange. It's nuts! OK it's more than needed for even auto parts, lol).

If Jegs did a top-notch search engine ti would make a huge difference. 

-------------
1960 Rambler Super two-door wagon, OHV auto
1961 Roadster American, 195.6 OHV, T5
http://www.ramblerLore.com

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net