TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Rapid Delivery-Ollie's Postal Jeep

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rapid Delivery-Ollie's Postal Jeep
    Posted: Jan/30/2015 at 12:19pm

Ollie MotorSports is proudly announcing its latest project to the AMC motoring public, code named  “Rapid Delivery”.  Two phases of construction have been planned.

Rapid Delivery is now in phase one of its development. This will be to get a dependable  232/727 drivetrain in good running order, 2 integrated seat belt bucket seats installed, body work and paint and a long list of other stuff completed.

Phase two will be the drag race modification of Rapid Delivery. A few thoughts are the Eldebrock 232 semi hemi head, open headers, 4 barrel manifold, stall converter and a few other goodies. She will debut in Cordova someday.

I plan on keeping this project thread open for Rapid Delivery’s  history to be properly documented and become a piece of AMC history !!

I want to thank everyone in advance, the web site, all my groupie fans and all unknown admirers for your support. Yes, of course we accept donations for the worthy cause !

Doing what I try to do best, having fun. Enjoy the pics.

Ollie

http://picasaweb.google.com/105289957504618032267/RapidDeliveryOllieSPostalJeep

Mopar_guy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mopar_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2015 at 2:40pm
Looks to be in pretty good shape! Looking at that brings back memories of working on them back in the 80's where the shop I worked at had a contract to repair them. They're crazy to drive above 40 mph. Shocked

"Hemilina" My 1973, 5.7 Hemi swapped Javelin
pit crew View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pit crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2015 at 4:39pm
Neat looking project.

73 Hornet - 401EFI - THM400 - Twin Grip 20
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2015 at 5:18pm
Played with Rapid Delivery a bit today. 

Sorted out the spare parts, 2 sets of brake shoes, 2 sets of points and condensers, electric fan, yellow strobe light and transmission mount.

Worked on the color scheme a bit.

Going to be an eye full, hope no one misses seeing it !!
Ollie

roguedoug View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roguedoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2015 at 5:38pm
Supply particulars (yr etc) in case anything usable can be found in dc/md/va Metro area.
67 Rogue Convertible 232 2bl Auto
Royal Blue 33A "ROSEBUD"
67 440 American 232 4D
08-72A "CLAUDIA"
AMO 10493
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2015 at 6:20pm
Ollie, your photoshop skills are coming along nicely!
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2015 at 9:50am
Ya Tony...I am a real pro...hehehehe Big smile
Ollie
Mr. Ed View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2015 at 10:45am
Neat project. Years ago I was contemplating a Metro street rod. Never could find one so that one died.

Later!
Mr. Ed
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo "Gwendolyn."
1978 Concord Sport coupe "Mr. Black".
1982 Concord wagon. The Admiral. FOR SALE!
1976 Sportabout X, 304, auto, air. The Bronze Goddess

Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/19/2015 at 12:10pm
I got a service manual that came  with my Jeep. It is a DJ-5C 1974 manual that covers the Borg Warner T-35 and M-11 transmissions.

My trans has been changed to a 727.

I need the transmission chapter from a DJ-5D (1975-1976) manual that covers a 727 Torque Flite. Does anyone have this chapter and  willing to photo copy for me? Have one they don't need?

Does anyone need the T-35 or the M-11 transmission chapters?
Ollie
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2015 at 11:49am
Worked on Rapid Delivery last Sunday.

My 89 Ford F-150 wheels fit like a glove. They fill up the wells. 15”X8” wheels and 235X75X15 tires. Might be a lot of tire for my king pin front end, but throw caution to the wind, we own a welding machine.

Rear fit and cleared but I will have to re-arch the springs. They have a slight negative arch.

I drove it around the block with the front tires but did not want to risk it with the rear tires. Hate to tear up my good truck tire. Test ride was great.

Added to my jeep knowledge…no disc brake conversion kits for king pin front ends. Can somebody prove me wrong?

Ordered new front seats and seat belts. It should be considerably warmer next week.

Have fun with your AMC, I am.
Ollie

Edited by Ollie - Feb/25/2015 at 5:12pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
  Share Topic