TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > In The Beginning..........
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Richard A "Dick" Teague

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dltowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Richard A "Dick" Teague
    Posted: Dec/26/2015 at 9:36am
Richard A. "Dick" Teague....(I think circa 1963, but not sure?)....

Original Owner, 1974 Javelin:
360ci,2v,727TC. Motorola Multiplex with 8-Track.
G4 Plum exterior with 421Q Black Uganda Interior. Purchased on July 16, 1974 from Hooker AMC, Sherman, TX for $4500.20
Slate View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/26/2015 at 10:02am
Nice! Maybe an historian can fix the year/month. Does it day American or Rambler on the hood or something else?

Steve
dltowers View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dltowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/26/2015 at 10:04am
Slate, I guess 1963 because it looks like a date stamped in lower left corner of photo?
But someone more familiar might clarify.
Original Owner, 1974 Javelin:
360ci,2v,727TC. Motorola Multiplex with 8-Track.
G4 Plum exterior with 421Q Black Uganda Interior. Purchased on July 16, 1974 from Hooker AMC, Sherman, TX for $4500.20
mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/26/2015 at 2:16pm
It's an archive number AMC and all the way back into the Nash days that was used to denote individual photos. A lot of the press photos don't have the numbers as they get edited out by taking a copy of the sans the archive number tag. The 63 is for 1963. I can't guarantee 8 is for the month the photo was taken but it's a reasonable guess. The last number IDs the exact photo. AMC had thousands of photos taken by photographers for the company. I've got well over 2,000 plus over thousand for Hudson and Nash. Also my research shows AMC was coping over the Jeep, Willys -Overland , Graham Paige and Kaiser Frazer photos as I've found AMC archive number tags on a good number of said photos. A large number of the photos were taken with what called an architectural view camera , as it's a large 8 inch by 10 inch negative or color positive. I have a fair number of these negatives in my collection and even have a good idea who took a lot of the photos for AMC and lot of other auto companies. The black and white negative are what you call contact negative , as they are the same size as the black and white print. LRDaum  
LRDaum
SeanHatfield View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanHatfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/29/2015 at 1:28am
Man mramc, would I love to talk to you about photography. Seems like you really know your stuff! I majored in Art in college with an emphasis on graphic design and photography. I'd like to see some of that collection sometime. Maybe post it to the forum if you get the chance, as i'm sure lots of people would enjoy those photos as much as you do.
72AMXJavProto View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72AMXJavProto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2020 at 7:51pm
By chance do you have any photos of the TransAm Red 1972 AMX Javelin that was featured in the 72 new car literature and magazine ads.  I own the 1972 AMX Javelin pre-production prototype and am putting together a documentation portfolio on the car.  I would be interested in any photos or information on the car that you might have available or purchase.
mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2020 at 11:39pm
Randall, there are two black and white photos of 1972 AMX Javelin I have, one with a model and one with out. Most of the AMC factory photos and press kit material of that era are black & white photos. The color stuff was mostly taken by magazine photographers for magazine articles. You could request color photos from AMC but most of the stuff they put out was black & white. Send me your email address and I'll send you copies of what I have.

Note to Sean : you want to see a lot of this stuff including a ton of the 8 by 10 view camera photos positives go to the down town Detroit (Michigan) public library and ask for the automotive literature collection floor. Because it is pretty much a floor. I've been a couple times now. They a lot of AMC stuff but tons of stuff on every other auto manufacturer. I've collected for decades and have a lot of my own stuff , most of which I got off John Conde ,former assistant PR director of AMC. LRDaum   
LRDaum
KMag View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/24/2020 at 4:03pm
Very cool. I love the old photos.
Red1975pacer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red1975pacer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/24/2020 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by 72AMXJavProto 72AMXJavProto wrote:

By chance do you have any photos of the TransAm Red 1972 AMX Javelin that was featured in the 72 new car literature and magazine ads.  I own the 1972 AMX Javelin pre-production prototype and am putting together a documentation portfolio on the car.  I would be interested in any photos or information on the car that you might have available or purchase.
Just out of curiosity, what features on your 72 would lead you to believe that its a pre production prototype?
72AMXJavProto View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72AMXJavProto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/24/2020 at 4:57pm
There are many features on the car that identify it as the 1972 AMX Javelin Pre-production prototype.  The predominant ones being it's VIN No. A2M798Z000016 and door tag stamped data, Body: R000002, and Sequence No.: Not stamped (it wasn't stamped because the car was pulled off the line and finished in the styling studio as Dick Teague once told me).  Note: Production cars started with a leading "1" for the last 6 digits of the VIN.  There are physical features of the car (changes for 1972) that are documented in AMC photos as well.
I'll need to put together a documentation portfolio on the car so others can see the substantiating documentation.

Edited by 72AMXJavProto - Dec/24/2020 at 5:12pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic