TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Autocross, circle track
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

T/A Racing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klvn8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2018 at 5:40pm
I'd love to measure the #6 1971 car against the #2 '1972' car.  Since the number 2 started life as a 1970 Penske, it 'should' have a 1" shorter wheelbase than the #6 car sitting in front of it.  In my mind, I can kinda see a slight difference in the quarter window shape. 

klvn8r
70amcpwr View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70amcpwr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2018 at 8:02am
Originally posted by CamJam CamJam wrote:

Originally posted by GnipGnop4 GnipGnop4 wrote:

Yes, the one posted a few months back.

Posted where?

If it's the one I saw it was on ebay on and off for a while.
70amcpwr You just can't fix stupid.
SOLD 1970 BBO Javelin, wifes 73 AMX 360 4spd. Next project 1969 AMX
GnipGnop4 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GnipGnop4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2018 at 9:56pm
It was on Ebay back in June/July.  The auction closed without it hitting the $25K reserve so I started contacting the owner and we worked out a deal.  I'm going through the brakes and safety equipment, but should have it running at WSR next month for a Track Day with All Time Racing and possibly the Big Bore Bash on the weekend (November 10-11).

CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2018 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by GnipGnop4 GnipGnop4 wrote:

It was on Ebay back in June/July.  The auction closed without it hitting the $25K reserve so I started contacting the owner and we worked out a deal.  I'm going through the brakes and safety equipment, but should have it running at WSR next month for a Track Day with All Time Racing and possibly the Big Bore Bash on the weekend (November 10-11).

Nice score!!
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

Javelin_GT View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin_GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2018 at 9:16am
I used to own this car back around 2004.
GnipGnop4 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GnipGnop4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2018 at 9:26am
I was hoping to connect with some past owners. PM me. I have some questions about the car’s history, etc.
70amcpwr View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70amcpwr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2018 at 6:26pm
Please don't keep it a secret, Great car!  
70amcpwr You just can't fix stupid.
SOLD 1970 BBO Javelin, wifes 73 AMX 360 4spd. Next project 1969 AMX
GnipGnop4 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GnipGnop4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2018 at 7:19pm
No secret, 70amcpwr. Javelin_GT emailed me his recollection of the cars history and I'm happy to share what details I have. The car was in NH briefly(your home state) and the gentleman that I bought it from is from NH with a residence in Sebring, FL where he garaged the car.

History is that it was converted into a racecar around 1990 by a guy in Portland, OR. He sold it to someone in CA who had if briefly before it was bought by Adam (Javelin_GT). Adam owned it in the mid 2000s and then sold it to a guy in NY/NJ, Jerome Jacalone, who raced it in HSR events then sold it when he got into CCR Ferrari racing and Porsches (Gotham Racing). The Javelin spent the last 10 years racing around Florida, Canada, Colorado and California (2008 - 2018). Mark, who I bought it from, owned a 1970 Javelin when he was in the Army (he's a HUGE Mark Donohue fan both CanAm and Trans-AM era)

Anyway, except for exploding the 401 that was part of the earlier build, Mark didn't 'modify' too much. It has a stout 360 that was put in the car around 2010. I have a freshly build 390 on a stand that I may drop in next year and rebuild the 360. I'm just starting down this road of vintage racing, so next month I will be getting an education from the VARA folks and then making decisions on the set up for 2019.

Thanks for your interst. My son and I are thrilled to be the new owners of this Javelin.

Godspeed,

Robert

343sharpstick View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2019 at 2:18pm
Found a few new pictures on the inter-webs today...

AMXFSTBK390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXFSTBK390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/26/2019 at 3:47pm
Find it interesting the last photo of the Sunoco Javelin has four lug wheels.    
Questions are powerful tools...what's in your toolbox?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic